Dragon and the Blink engine

Hi,

I’ve noticed recently that two browsers on my Windows 8.1 machine are failing to render certain pages, Chrome and Opera. The same pages fail in both browsers.
But Dragon keeps on working just fine.
I know that Chrome and Opera are based on the Blink engine. Is Dragon using the WebKit engine instead of the Blink fork?
(If it is, I hope that future releases don’t break my installation when things switch over to Blink!)

Dragon is based on Chromium so it must be based on Blink. Windows 8.1 seems to have many problems so you are probably encountering that. PM a moderator to get their opinion. Sorry to hear that you are having problems with Chrome an Opera.

Not all Chromium-derived browsers are based on Blink. And not all Chromium-based browsers that I’ve tried since Chrome broke on my PC are broken on this machine.

I suspect the Blink ones are all broken and the WebKit ones are all unbroken, but there’s no easy way to tell without asking silly questions like I did earlier today. 8>))

Thank goodness Comodo Dragon continues to work!

I had not idea Dragon did not use Blink. If Blink causes problems Comodo might not switch to it. I am just a user though so this is pure guessing.

Hi ad18,
‘Blink’ was introduced in version 28 and Dragon has been using it since.
Please see the following page to confirm.
Dragon://version

Kind regards.

Hm, i just checked that thread and on a check of Dragon://version:

Blink: 537.36 ([at]161417)
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.1.0.0 Safari/537.36

So, well …

Kind of wondered why Dragon would not use the new rendering engine. Blink seems to be reliable on my computer so I am happy with it. :slight_smile:

Also appears reliable here. :-TU

Well I can’t say the same, well sure it’s reliable as in stability but frame rates seems to change from version to version, for example in CD 30.0 it allows me to show 120 frames per second and in CD 31.0 it often locks it to 60 frames per second and makes the browser noticeably sluggish on a 120Hz monitor (same with Chrome) … Whenever you are forced to think “Is it really safe to update to this version?” for “stable” releases of a product, then something is wrong.

That’s my take on it as a user with a 120Hz monitor that can barely even use 60Hz anymore without wanting to pull my eyes out, so needless to say I’m stuck on CD 30.0… the one that doesn’t update extensions. 88)