Downloading 200MB per day!?!?!

I was assured the problem of re-loading the entire base.cav file every day was either fixed or non-existent, but I see that latest v6.3 is indeed doing this!?!?! From my scanners directory this a.m.:

b0017448.cav 12/16/2013 7:48 AM 188,413 KB
b0017455.cav 12/17/2013 7:58 AM 189,009 KB
bases.cav 10/28/2013 12:24 PM 9,879 KB

With 5.x there was just one bases.cav file iirc which was updated with a small file every day. Now it seems that file is small with a huge file to update it every day.

What am I to make of these huge (and long) downloads every day? Can I rename the 17455 file to bases.cav to fix the problem?

:-\

Hi laserfan,
You can delete the bxxxx.cav file that is not in use, you will be alerted if it is in use.

Multiples of the bxxxx.cav file can occur for numerous reasons with no adverse effects.
They are not necessarily being entirely downloaded each time, they maybe just copied from the existing.
Three reasons I have found to cause this issue are,

1. Windows system restore has been used to a point earlier in time.
  2. A connection glitch during Database updates.
  3. System shutdown during Database updates.

Kind regards.

Whatever the reasons are, I think they should solve this issue. This has been reported many times by many users.

Hi naren,
Do you have some links where this issue is reported, maybe there is a resolution posted in one of the reports?

Thanks.

I dont have links but have read here many times in few threads here. I too have posted it quite a few times.

I think there was no solution posted.

The reason you gave in your previous post, I too think those are the reasons. But CIS should know that database updates were interrupted & there should be no duplicate or double database, same for probs due to system restore.

There are quite a few little probs with CIS & some are little important. I have posted these issues time to time when I faced them. But due to no reply or no one tried to check & confirm those probs, those post got lost here in this huge forum & then I myself too forgot what, where, how… I posted.

Hi naren,

OK thanks.

There are quite a few little probs with CIS & some are little important. I have posted these issues time to time when I faced them. But due to no reply or no one tried to check & confirm those probs, those post got lost here in this huge forum & then I myself too forgot what, where, how... I posted.
If any issue is regarded as a bug, a report following the bug report guidelines will stop the issue being lost and will also benefit every user in the future. [url=https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis-b132.0/]Bug Reports - CIS[/url] [url=https://forums.comodo.com/bug-reports-cis/required-bug-reporting-format-t90436.0.html]Bug Report Guidelines [/url]

Thanks.

Thanks for that, it is entirely possible now that I think of it that the PC in question had undergone a System Restore. I don’t have it any more (was installing on a friend’s new PC) but will look at my own PCs to confirm (I have put it on two of my PCs just recently).

I like what naren says that the program should know to only update from the most recent base download it has, but of course am no programmer myself so don’t know how do-able that might be.