Download *program* (AND AV) updates to apply to multiple computers

I’ve installed CIS on all the family’s computers, but the program updates are getting expensive - bandwidth in Africa is costly and limited! I don’t know how big the 3.8 update that’s just gone out was, but it hogged our 384Kb/s line for a long time just to update my installation.

Is there a way to download the program update on one computer and then install it on the others?

If the only solution is to download the full 34MB installation package then I can’t afford to do it very often.

I’m OK with the virus database updates as they seem to be smaller.

Sorry, the only way is through the updater or installation package. Most updates are not as big as this 3.8 one. A lot was added, so it is a big update.

OK, thanks for clarifying.

How would I get this raised as an enhancement request?

• Also, a request that program updates tell you the size of the download in the prompt “do you want to being the update process?” At present it’s like “do you want to sign this blank cheque?”

Feedback board for your update enhancement request.
GUI Wishlist for adding your second request. :slight_smile:

Thanks - done!

In the near future, Comodo will be releasing an updated version of Comodo Endpoint Security Manager (CESM) which will incroporate CIS (as opposed to the current version which only support the oputdated CFP).

CESM is an application which sits on a PC in a network and provides centralised monitoring and updating of CIS. It can also be used to package and push other non-Comodo applications across your network.

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_endpoint_security_manager-b115.0/

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Thanks Ewen … I looked at the 5-user trial of CESM but it’s only available for Windows 2003/2008 32 bit and 64 bit. Those editions are not really options for the home network! Will the new version (the central part) run on consumer editions of windows?

I’m pretty sure it also works with XP on a home LAN. I’ll go digging for more info.

Good news - it is supported, but unfortunately the server must be XP Professional.

https://forums.comodo.com/comodo_endpoint_security_manager/comodo_endpoint_security_manager_enterprise_edition_103_ga_released-t26747.0.html;msg194712#msg194712

Check out P8. of the draft users guide.

Cheers,

XP Pro is fine - I was about to download it to see if it could work, but then I realise that it’s not going to meet my actual need at all :slight_smile: … I want to get the latest updates rolled out to the other computers, not have to downgrade to CFP! I can achieve better results by doing nothing!

Do you know if the forthcoming version will work with each latest release of CIS, rather than a custom build as seems to be the current situation?

I believe so, but this is yet to be carved in stone by a dev. :wink:

If I find out I’ll PM you.

Cheers,

Changed my mind on this - the update today was 27.9MB! (As indicated by the active connections window. While typing this I see an announcement here: https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/no_updates_on_21st_feb_2009-t34941.0.html;msg0#new that’s it’s 26.8MB. So this was planned.)

Same request now applies to AV updates! (I’ve changed the thread title.)

I believe todays update was an application update as well as an AV update.