dotnetfx 2 install problem

I have XP SP2 (via upgrade from SP1 - had no choice, XP SP2 install disk was scratched). I run Comodo and Avast, as well as Spybot.

I want to install Medieval Bluetooth File Manager and it says without .Net Framework 2 it won’t install. OKKKKK… So I went to Microsoft downloads and got dotnetfx2, and it gives the following message:
“Extracting file failed. It is most likely caused by low memory (low disk space for swapping file) or corrupted Cabinet file.”

I tried newer versions of Net (3 and 3.5) to no avail. I even turned off Comodo and Avast to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on this?

Would it be an option to download to SP2\SP3 ?

Well, I have SP2 upgrade installed. Upon initial release of SP3 I heard some negative things and have held off so far. How is SP3 now as far as bugs and security?

Have you tried to Switch to Install Mode ??, installing .NET Framework may be a slow process

I hope it helps you (:NRD)

Regards
MiguelAngelXP (:KWL)

Turning off Comodo - which the thread starter did - would be an even safer way than using Installation Mode, to avoid installtion conflict with .NET. (although I think Installation Mode is perfectly alright)

Seems like something is corrupted here, and since kc7brown tried several versions of .NET, it sounds like the problem is OS related. I bet reinstalling the OS would help, but of course, it’s painful for many users to do that.

LA