Dont like it

Hi Comodo,

I have just tried the new comodo security firewall + antivirus, and i’m about to take it out and replace it with
the older comodo firewall 2.14 and other various antivirus, I found the newer firewall slowed my internet
connections down, pages were taking forever to open and sometimes locking up, it just might be my
computers fault but I don’t think so. I might try again with a newer version sometime.

:cry: BROMIDE.

I am sorry to hear so. Can you tell us more about your system? What is your OS and service pack? What other security programs do you have installed and which ones are running in the background? Did you reboot after uninstallling 2.4?

Today will be the official release of 3.9 by the way.

hi Bromide,
CIS 3.9.xxx.509 is released its working absolutely proper on my system, give it a try.
I m sure you will love it & it will make your pc work fast because it uses very low resources :a0
This whats new :-

Hi Guys,

We are very excited to announce that COMODO Internet Security 3.9.95478.509 has just been released! This release addresses many bugs and brings some enhancements.

Enhancements like: Faster realtime virus scanning, fewer number of defense+ popups, BOClean integration.

What’s New in 3.9.95478.509?

THANKS! COMODO would like to thank the BETA testers and the translators, whose invaluable efforts made this release possible.
NEW! Multilingual Support: CIS now supports other languages
NEW! Stateful File Inspection for Realtime Virus Scanner
NEW! Integrated In Memory Virus Scanner(i.e. Integrated BOClean)
NEW! LivePCSupport is provided as a 30 Day Trial
IMPROVED! Default popup layout changed to the basic layout in order to encourage the use of it
IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection: New types of defenses are added e.g. Clipboard logging, Keyboard input blocking etc.
IMPROVED! Keyboard and Screen access alerts are improved and number of false positives are reduced
IMPROVED! Stronger Defense+ protection while the Windows is Booting/Shutting down
IMPROVED! Stronger Default Firewall policy in order to better hide from attackers(Thanks to feedback from our forum moderator Ronny)
IMPROVED! Configuration Management window is changed
IMPROVED! Submission functionality for the Quarantined items added
FIXED! Avntivirus heuristics does not detect some files properly
FIXED! Defense+ BO protection incompatible with Spy Swepper virus scanner.
FIXED! CIS does not validate digital certificates properly
FIXED! CIS blocks some application from being executed
FIXED! BSOD while CIS is being uninstalled
FIXED! CIS does not detect some types of shellcodes upon a BO attack
FIXED! CIS erroneously reports buffer overflow attacks for some applications under certain circumstances
FIXED! CIS does not scan specially created RAR files properly (http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/34737, first reported by Thierry Zoller)
FIXED! CIS creates duplicate file name entries for some protected file access alerts
FIXED! Right click scanner reports “Antivirus Engine is not initialized”
FIXED! Threatcast registration does not work properly(This bug caused some users unable to see TC statistics)
FIXED! CIS occasionally crashes while submitting the files
FIXED! CIS firewall drivers sometimes cannot be restored by the diagnostics utility
FIXED! CIS did not scan NTFS streams during manual scanning
FIXED! Windows Logon Screen is shown when CIS is installed under certain circumstances(Windows created a password bug)
FIXED! CIS causes system performance to degrade after prolonged time of network data transfer
FIXED! System freezes and BSODs while D+ is learning file system actions

What are the fixes between Version 507 and 508 and from 508 to 509 ?

Just check the release notes at https://forums.comodo.com/feedbackcommentsannouncementsnews_cis/comodo_internet_security_3995478509_released-t39202.0.html .

For 509 is at the bottom. For 508 it was a fix for the AV updater. They forgot to put the update path for the AV in the binaries (the versions before stored the path in the registry). 508 set that straight.