don't know where to go with this !!

hello. as i said, i have an issue with cis premium and i don’t know where to post it, so i’ll try i here. in my event viewer, get this error
Date: 06/08/2013 Time: 23:49:07 User: N/A Computer: HOMECATA Description: The COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 6 time(s). For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
it’s been happening for a ew days now and i have about 30 of them, or more. i can’t ind anything related of this forum. can anyone help me? i run win xp sp3 pro, comodo internet security premium v. 6.2.285401.2860.
please, help !!!

First make sure to set the Comodo Internet Security Helper service to always recover. Look up the service under Services (Control Panel → Administrative Tools) → click right → Properties -->Recovery → now set it to recover always after 0 day and 0 minutes. It will then always restart when it crashes.

What other security programs do you have installed? Which ones run in the background and which ones are on demand only?

Please also make sure there are no leftovers of security programs you had installed in the past. A possible left over can cause all sort of “strange effects”. Please run clean up tools for all security programs you had in the past. A list can be found here at the Eset website: ESET Knowledgebase .

ok, i also thought about the recovery trick, and would have tried it, but i can’t find the specified service.

Can you post a screenshot of the list of services on your system? It’s odd it is not there where Event Viewer logs about it’s crashing.

Would you also respond to the other two points in my previous reply?

well, because i reinstalled cis, i’m pretty sure there aren’t any remnants from other security software. i’ve attached the all the services.
i don’t understand this one: " Which ones run in the background and which ones are on demand only?"
and this is the event viewer log where it doesn’t say the location of the service.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Service Control Manager
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7034
Date: 07/08/2013
Time: 03:17:35
User: N/A
Computer: HOMECATA
Description:
The COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Cool.

i’ve attached the all the services.
The Comodo Internet Security Helper Service show up in Services like I thought.

i don't understand this one: " Which ones run in the background and which ones are on demand only?"
When running another scanner on access ( or in the background) that can interfere with how CIS operates or sometimes cause instability.

Many people use tools like Malwarebytes Anti Malware, Super Antispyware and Hitman Pro to scan for malware. They use it on demand (it does not run in the background).
and this is the event viewer log where it doesn’t say the location of the service.

Event Type: Error Event Source: Service Control Manager Event Category: None Event ID: 7034 Date: 07/08/2013 Time: 03:17:35 User: N/A Computer: HOMECATA Description: The COMODO Internet Security Helper Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

That’s right it does not show the the path to the service.

Most important question for now is whether you have other scanners installed and whether they run in the background or on demand only.

ok. so, i found the service and set it as advised. i don’t have other security/antivirus software other than comodo internet security premium. i have, though, the windows firewall, but it’s disabled.