Don't extract CIS5 files to desktop!

I just did that as with every version before, but this time, wonderful CIS5 installer erased all files on my desktop and corrupted the Documents icon of the desktop.
Apparently it’s made to wipe everything in its extracted root folder. Whats unfortunate is that THAT was my desktop. And everything on it. Thankfully it didn’t erase folders as well.
So next time someone designs a cleanup for your own installer, make it in a way that cleans only its own files, not entire folders. Unless you make it automatically and always extract into TEMP. Now i don’t even know what it erased exactly. ■■■■.

Any particular reason why you chosed DESKTOP, and not \Desktop\Comodo Installation Temporary Files\ ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Because installer doesn’t make them by itself. Besides, why should i? I do the same with all the other tools and none has erased my data so far and i haven’t made any dedicated subfolders…

Just as a warning before someone erases half of his data just because he/she decided to extract in the “wrong” folder…

No offence, but what I personally do is make a folder on desktop and extract it there. But nevertheless a strange behavior, but anyway most users would extract to the directory offered by CIS installer…
Thanks for pointing this out, good to know! :-TU

Also, BETA builds did not have this problem since i’ve extracted them this way several times. They messed up the behavior in the final release of CIS5…

That sounds like a bug to me.

Rejzor can you wrap this up in a bug report as described by the following:

[b]TOPIC TITLE[/b] This should [b]summarise[/b] the issue. May be best to write it after drafting the issue report. A good title makes sure the right mods and the right devs look at the report

The bug/issue

1. What you did:
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw:
  3. What you expected to happen or see:
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened:
  5. Details (exact version) of any software involved with download link:
  6. Bugzilla id (mods use only):

Files appended

1. Screenshots illustrating the bug:
  2. Screenshots of related event logs or the active processes list:
  3. A CIS configuration report:
  4. Crash or freeze dump file:

Your set-up

1. CIS version & configuration used:
  2. Whether you imported a configuration, if so from what version:
  3. Defense+ and Sandbox OR Firewall security level:
  4. OS version, service pack, no of bits, UAC setting, & account type:
  5. Other security and utility software running:
  6. CIS AV database version:
    -------------------------------------------------------

When that is done I will move it to the bugs board.