Dog-slow IE9 with Comodo Firewall

Since the latest upgrade to Comodo Firewall (v. 5.12.256249.2599) on Windows 7 x64, I have found Internet Explorer to be painfully slow, This also affects Outlook displaying emails containing web-hosted images. A single page, msn.com for example. can take several minutes to load (working with a 50/100 pipe here). Neither Firefox nor Chrome is similarly affected. I saw this behavior on three computers, all having Comodo installed with only the Firewall component enabled - no Defense+ or Sandbox.

I then tried Comodo on a virgin Windows 7/x64 install. Fully patched through the 13-Nov-2012 updates. No software installed aside from what was loaded from Windows Update. Running IE9 was speedy prior to installing Comodo Firewall. After installing (and no, I did not select Comodo’s DNS servers nor the offered Yahoo cr*p-ware), IE9 was slow as molasses. This was using the out-of-the-box Comodo settings, without creating any additional rules. Uninstall Comodo and IE9 is abck to normal. What incompatibility is there between IE9 and Comodi Firewall, and how can it be worked around?

Add to the above: I then installed v5.10 on a stock W7 system and IE9 runs at normal speed. This appears to be a bug in 5.12.

I’m having the same issue. I updated Comodo this morning, and the internet was unusable. I tried uninstalling, deleting all traces, and then reinstalling, but the new version is still bogging down IE to slower than dial-up speeds…

+1, issue affects IE10 too, i just installed 5.12 on Win8 and IE goes down (no problem for Chrome)

edit:nvm, i “fixed” it by removing old configuration rule and adding a new one (labeling IE10 as trusted, if i use my saved rule “web browser” it won’t work anyway), but it still blocks Modern/Metro version

Thank you for reporting back. This sounds like a bug to me. If you are of the daring kind consider trying the 6.0 beta or if you have the time and energy please consider filing a bug report in the Bug Reports - CIS board following the format as described in FORMAT & GUIDE - just COPY/PASTE it!.

Reporting of bugs is strictly moderated to make sure Comodo gets clear bug reports. So, please make sure you closely follow protocol. That way your report will certainly be seen by Comodo staff.

This may not be related as at first sight because you imported a configuration which may be derived from an OS which is not Win 8.

Can you try to use the Web Browser policy from the clean configuration and report back if that works or not?