Does it do a good job removing Comodo Internet Security 3.8?

I really liked Comodo firewalls, but their switch to Comodo Internet Security (CIS) has given me a few headaches! The latest is that uninstalling CIS 3.8 or trying to update it to CIS 3.9 kills my network connection. Has anyone had these problems and tried using CSC to solve them? If not has anyone dug into the file system / registry after removing CIS and using CSC to see what remnaents it may have left?

A related question is: How does CSC do at uninstalling itself?

Vista Ultimate SP1 32bit
CIS 3.8 (firewall and defense + only)
AVG Antivirus/Antispyware
Windows Defender enabled
WinPatrol

Hi,

Any Comodo Internet Security issues should be reported on the CIS forum, where you can receive the proper support.
After uninstalling CIS use Registry Cleaner and Disk Cleaner to remove any traces left. CSC uninstalls in a proper manner, we never received negative feedback regarding CSC removal.

Thank you for your support.

Well I did report my CIS problems and for the last 7 days have not received a single reply. Wish I could get rid of Comodo completely, but now am stuck with an unupdated version of it or a dead internet connection.

If it sounds like I am frustrated, I am!

Hi,
I have some question’s. Hope you can clarify it.
Is this an official tool from comodo?
Is this tool is version specific or can be used to uninstall any version of CIS ?

I don’t know much about it but the cmd file seems to be well written and taking care of almost everything… Also did a small background check on bosoiua (sorry for that) and he seems to be a Comodo employee, so I guess it’s fine ?

Xan

Agreed here. I quickly examined the cmd file and it seems to do what it needs to be doing. It will only completley work in XP not in Vista/Win 7. The paths for the profile data are written for XP only (documents and settings\bla).

Hi,
Thnx for your reply. As far as I know, There is no official cleaning tool from comodo as the built in uninstaller is more than enough. Since the tool provided by Bosoiua carried the name “Comodo Support Tool”, I just wanted to Know whether it’s an official tool or not.

Hi,

This issue concerning CIS uninstall it’s being discussed on the following link:

If this is Ragwing’s tool, then it’s not an official tool. It’s made by a Comodo Volenteer moderator who has done it’s best to find all the CIS files and to delete them…

Xan

Nope. Not That One. Iam Mentioning About The One Which Was Posted By Bosoiua Yesterday And Deleted Today. I’ve Attached The File

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hi,

This issue has been solved by Comodo users and the file attached on your post is based on the file contained on this thread :

It is not an official release, it is just an useful tool for testing purposes. You can use either the file attached to your post or the file contained in the above thread.

Thnx For The Clarification