Does file blocking work?

As I noticed, Comodo Firewal does not block any files, I added to Blocked Files List, so the file may be run anyway, no matter it is “blocked”. For example, I don’t want AdobeARM to run, I added it (C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe) to Blocked Files List. And I still able to launch AdobeARM without any problems, and it launches, whenever it wants… 88)
So is it a bug, or I do something wrong?

Are you sure it is in Blocked Files and not in Protected Files? Can you tell us what other security programs you have running in the background and which ones you have on demand?

Moved to D+ board.

Yes, I’m sure it is in Blocked Files. In the background I have nothing but Comodo Firewall, and Dr.Web’s “Cure it” and “Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware” on demand.

Did you block it through the firewall, or Defense+?

Could you perhaps give us a screenshot of your blocked files list?

It is working here with v5.4 mod preview.

What configuration are you running? Is your D+ in Safe Mode or Paranoid Mode?

May be left overs of previously installed security programs are in the way. Try using removal tools for those programs. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

Otherwise do a Google search with terms “removal tool” and * name of product or vendor*.

Does running removal tools bring a solution here?

I’ve confirmed that it’s working on both the 5.4 preview and the public 5.3.xxxx.1237.

Omg, it was disabled. ;D “Deactivate the Defense+ permanently” was turned on.
File blocking works, thanks.

We need that so often requested timer or warning… :wink: