does CSC messes with PC Tools Firewall Plus

i have PC Tools Firewall Plus installed. stealth ports checked and all the ports were stealthed. 2-3 days back i cleaned the system with CSC (Registry - Default Settings, Disk Cleaner - all the items checked, Privacy Cleaner - all the items checked) today when i checked through grc - shields up, few ports were stealthed, most ports were closed and 4-5 ports were opened. i exited PC Tools Firewall Plus and loaded again and again checked with shields up and this time all the ports were stealthed. does CSC messed with PC tools Firewall in any way or any other prob.

thanxx
naren

after restart again the same prob. so uninstalled and reinstalled, it asked for a restart. restarted and checked with shields up all the ports were stealthed. again restarted the system and checked with shieldsup and the same prob. stealth ports was checked. what can be the prob?? what should i do??

thanxx
naren

p.s. win xp sp3 with latest updates, avira antivir free 9 and threatfire free 4.5, pctools firewall plus 5.0.0.38, no other realtime security software or any other realtime software.

Hi,

If you checked everything in Disk Cleaner, this also means Prefetch Application Cache and Filter Entries, and by checking these options you receive a warning message : “By checking this option your operating system may be affected. Use it at your own risk !” for Prefetch and “Some applications that are related with filter entries could be damaged! Use it at your own risk!”. This means that those options are only for advanced users who can select what to clean form the scanning results list, as they see fit. If you don’t know exactly what will be cleaned using those options, leave them out of the selection for scanning.

Thank you for your support.

ok. thanxx replying.

naren