Does Comodo certificate pricing have any solution for non-commercial entities?

Does Comodo certificate pricing have any solution for non-commercial entities?

The reason behind this question, is that I regularly volounteer time to administrate an all-in-one solution for a coalition of 9 “ideal” organizations. This all-in-one solution is based on FreeBSD + apache, postfix, dovecot, and horde (and, alas, samba).

Today this solution is set up with the usual self-signed certificates which are about as trustworthy as the “snake oil” certificate apache defaults to set up.

I know for a fact that Comodo “makes a living” from selling digital certificates, so I do not expect a server-side set of certificates to be free.

But I need a “number” to tell the “customer”, and then advise on the value of these certificates. A regular commercial certificate is way too expensive for the budget these organizations are working on.

Since Comodo seems the only organization that has a “human touch” approach to the internet community I ask this question openly.

An addition to this, would be that Comodo could “set the standard” that even non-commercial entities on the net should do things “properly”. :slight_smile:

Regards,

Svein Skogen

we’ll figure something out…
get in touch with us when you need something…

thanks
Melih