Does CAVS need help?

Sorry, the subject kind of sucks because I couldn’t think of a good one. My question is, I am running Comodo AntiViruSpyware, BOClean, and Firewall (the works!) as well as Spybot S&D because it’s tried trusted and true for many of the security nerds around. But as I was reading through the forums here, I noticed that the name Spyware Terminator comes up a few times. I’m a security nerd too (:NRD) and so I know about ST but I’m just wondering if it’s useful to have in addition to my currant programs list. Any help in this area would be appreciated. Thanks very much

Matt Segstro

Hi m8 :slight_smile:

In my opinion if you use CAVS’s HIPS and you use Spybot’s TeaTimer, ST doesn’t add more protection. So I would say you won’t need it in your security setup :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Thanks Rednose, I don’t use TeaTimer from Spybot because I’ve been told it’s not a great idea to use it with BOClean from Comodo. But I think that if they interfere with eachother, they probably do basically the same job and so then I still don’t need ST. Thanks again.

Matt Segstro

Hi Matt :slight_smile:

You can use CBOClean and Spybot’s TeaTimer together withought conflicts. I have tried that myself :slight_smile: But if you don’t like the use of TeaTimer ( That’s why I don’t use it ) you could try the realtime protection from ST. For HIPS I would choose the HIPS from CAVS and not the one from ST in your situation :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

would the two HIPS interfere with eachother or would they just be annoying? thanks again for all your help.

Matt Segstro

It is not recommandable to use 2 of the same kind realtime protections together because it can give you issues.

Greetz, Red.

thanks, i’ll try ST without HIPS.

Matt Segstro