Does Auto-Containment work in COMODO?

According to pre-defined policies, all files falling to these categories below must run in virtual environment automatically:

File rating - unrecognized
File age - less than 3 days
File origin - internal, removable media

Needless to say that all these default policies are these, enabled.

I intentionally downloaded from Internet several file managers: FAR Manager, Total Commander, Free Commander, Q-Dir. Then I installed them and ran immediately.
None of them started in container with green border. How come? What did I miss in the configuration?

I’ll appreciate all your ideas and clarifications.

I have to admit that studying logs added more confusion. It turns that COMODO itself re-classifies binaries and makes them “Trusted”. (:SAD)

[tr]
[td]Date & Time[/td]
[td]Path[/td]
[td]Modifier[/td]
[td]Action[/td]
[td]Property[/td]
[td]Old Rating[/td]
[td]New Rating[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 21:16:32[/td]
[td]C:\Users\User01\Downloads\Q-Dir_Installer_x64\Q-Dir_Installer_x64.exe[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 21:04:33[/td]
[td]C:\Program Files (x86)\FreeCommander XE\FreeCommander.exe[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 21:03:59[/td]
[td]C:\Users\User01\AppData\Local\Temp\is-AT3M8.tmp\FreeCommanderXE-32-public_setup.tmp[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 21:03:52[/td]
[td]C:\Users\User01\Downloads\FreeCommanderXE-32-public_setup\FreeCommanderXE-32-public_setup.exe[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 21:03:51[/td]
[td]C:\Users\User01\Downloads\FreeCommanderXE-32-public_setup\FreeCommanderXE-32-public_setup.exe[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

[tr]
[td]2020-05-02 20:18:01[/td]
[td]C:\totalcmd\TOTALCMD64.EXE[/td]
[td]COMODO[/td]
[td]Added[/td]
[td]COMODO rating[/td]
[td] [/td]
[td]Trusted[/td]
[/tr]

They are from Trusted Vendors in the Trusted Vendor List

Thanks!

Is this list publicly availably? I’d like to take a look.

Check here: Comodo Help

The default list is in CIS . . . Advanced Settings > File Rating > Vendor List . . . File Rating

OP seems to be a new Comodo user. As such, as a friendly advice I recommend you check Cruelsister1’s Youtube Channel to learn how Comodo (Containment, HIPS modules) works against different types of Malware.

Another tip, change Comodo to Proactive Security configuration, because default settings are too permissive. You can implement Cruelsister’s recommended settings, and after you are more familiar with CIS and it’s settings, you can then check her guide on how to customize the Vendor List.

Any question, feel free to ask me by PM or you can create a new topic at the Help section of Comodo forums.

:-TU