Do you secure your PC for free? (Result)

1. Cookie wipe = New vote 88)
  2. Change browser - New vote 88)

Well, so much for this one then.

I’m starting to think that online polls in general can’t be trusted. 88) ;D

Starting?? :smiley:

Hi SG65,
You have the benefit of D+ (if you want) when using the Firewall, since D+ is an integrated part of the latter.
What the installation of the AV has to do with that?
Probably I missing something

=======

May I repeat this sequence?

and (sorry Ewen) I repeat! Starting?? :smiley:

99.(99)% of those are completely useless as simple as that… including

… Oh no! - we are not talking about politics, aren’t we? Cheers!

Yes, you are.

I don’t think so

The only mention of the Defense+ in the referred threads is after

…When used in conjunction with our Firewall,…
and that is what I am saying despite I am not going into the debate here whether this AV is good or not.

That is very dubious mentioning Defense+ later under “Unique Antivirus Features:”

Have you ever tried to install Comodo’s AV only?
Do you have Defense+ in place after that?

Probably I am missing something again?

My regards

SiberLynx, the only difference between Comodo Antivirus and CIS is that the Antivirus doesn’t come with a firewall. It does come with Defense+ and the sandbox.

That’s why they’re saying it shouldn’t be compared to other antiviruses that only protect using detection technology.

Thanks, Chiron. Cheers!

Comodo’s strength is protection by default deny and i think it must not have been compared to half baked solution
:a0 it is a firewall an HIPS plus a scanner

Hi akhil,

What do you call “half baked solution”? Can you clarity that, please?

Have you tested CIS with 88) daily installations of many Software including malware & viruses… digitally signed suspects (that’s actually very old discussion here… even since before it was introduced… have a good reading way back) ?

If not , then try it - you’ll be surprised

… otherwise you statement is empty worded … What I mean is :

• if one is experienced enough;
    and
  • not installing a lot of Software
    and
  • have additional necessary layers of protection. which CIS do not cover,
  • etc.

… you need nothing except a good backup of data / and or imaging (sure that do not apply to CTM :o) ) & so on & so forth

The old version of Comodo Firewall (the Defense+ can be included) is still the only strong hold - nothing else

My regards

To be honest SiberLynx I do agree with you on a few points. :o

The TVL is a vulnerability that I, and many others, would like an option to disable. Don’t get me wrong, it’s one of the best things Comodo could have done for the suite, but advanced users would like to be able to build their own.

This way the chance of getting attacked by signed malware is much less.

Out of curiosity (and partially because your answers are always enlightening, and perhaps a bit entertaining ;D), what other necessary layers of protection does CIS not cover? Please exclude a local behavioral blocker, which I agree with you should be put in place soon, as I know Comodo has plans to implement this, eventually?

As I see it the option to disable the TVL would close the only vulnerability that really worries me. What else should I be worried about. ???

Please, my paranoia has lessened as of late and I could really use a recharge. :smiley:

I use Comodo firewall only and Sophos (corporate lic with home install possibility). Sophos comes with a client firewall but it does not give me as much control as comodo firewall. I have tried it and (i think) Sophos’ firewall does its job but it is too quite and it does weird things with VPN

I switched back to comodo firewall and all problems gone. That says enough for me :slight_smile:
I now only use Sophos’ AV and Comodo’s firewall

CFW only does have D+ on my install. Is that D+ not functioning 100% without the CAV and thus ginving me a false sense of being secure online?

defense+ (d+) is for itself and has therefore nothing to do with CAV nor the firewall. So you d+ is 100% functional

Regards,
Valentin N

After a careful readout of this topic and others I’ve realized that peaople are still going about their security the wrong way. I mean all these sites asking about security are posing the wrong question !
They are always asking “What antivirus do you use to secure yourself ?” This question is obsolete and I will guarantee that in the next 10 years everybody will forget about this question !
What these sites are really asking is “WHAT DO YOU USE TO CLEAN UP AFTER THE MESS ?”

CIS prooved to me since I use it (over a year and a half) that I was going about my security the wrong way ! I was just curing “the disseasse” and as soon as I was healthy again, “the disseasse” would come back again, like it was in my DNA or something. Well, NOT ANYMORE ! Since I use CIS, I’m actually preventing my body (PC) to be touched by “the disseasse”. I’m preventing it, not curing it !

Melih and Comodo have made something so revolutionary that the whole Security Industry still cannot wrap their head around it, and the majority of users too ! That’s why I say they have to reinvent themselves as an industry for CIS to be able to be part of their testing. Right now only a few products have started to see the light and bring features similar to CIS.

So, to conclude this, we (us the end users and security companies) need to change our mentality and the way we think security. We must learn to prevent and not just cure malware !

There should be two separate and very distinct questions: 1 - What do you use to prevent your pc from getting infected ? and 2 - What do you use to clean your pc if an infection occures ?

:-TU No one would take it if it wasn’t for microsoft :-\

I am sure Comodo is not alone.

Greetings all,

…Hmmm… Here we go! Another discussion about votes
As posted before (where? - I forgot)
I do not vote - that is useless waste of time basically contributing nothing and saying nothing re: the quality of the Software (in this context)

Cheers!

+100

+100

Any poll that let’s you vote more than once is a waste of time.
All these votes show is that the winning software has more users with far too much time on their hands, to sit in front of their computer all day registering a vote multiple times.

Winning a vote like that has no credibility whatsoever. 88)

+10000000

BUT…

Coming on top on AV C has no credibility whatsoever either for a protection product but people still do unfortunately.

There are many who are still guided by these votes or AVC etc is the reality.

Melih