Do you secure your PC for free? (Result)

Vote and Enjoy (:CLP)

Do you secure your PC for free? - http://download.cnet.com/8301-2007_4-20036621-12.html

Free security face-off : What’s your favorite free antivirus and security program?

Ad-Aware Free internet Security 9
Avast Free Antivirus 6
AVG Antivirus Free 2011
Avira Antivir Free Antivirus 10
* Comodo Internet Security 5 : 42% (Winner) *
Immunet Protect 3
Microsoft Security Essentials 2
Panda Cloud Antivirus Free 1.4
PC Tools Antivirus 8

With Avast 6 fresh out of the gate and CNET’s opinion on record, it’s time to ask you which of the many free security suites available is your favorite. The big three on Download.com are AVG, Avast, and Avira, although it will be interesting to see if the download counts are reflected in popularity. We aimed to have all the major players represented here, although we left out certain choices like ClamWin Antivirus, technically still in beta.

The poll will remain open until 11 p.m. PT March 3, and we’ll look at the results March 4.

[attachment deleted by admin]

I don’t understand how MSE2 is so popular; it’s worse than CAV that is seen in many eyes as bad AV (I have different opinion)

Infact I find MSE2 better than all the free AV out there. The top 3 AV has also lost it to MSE2. AVG’s detection is not that good, Avira10 is also not that good as it used to be & also has other probs like updating, Avast is good but I find the development in Avast is not impressive. I find Avast’s Heuristics, Behaviour & Autosandbox just a cosmetic development, never in action. The developments are new so may be after few months they will work better. MSE2, I dont know if it has Heuristics or not but signatures are good, its behaviour is also new like Avast & never in action. And I find MSE2 better in detecting new threats compared to all the free AV’s out there. This is just my opinion & not a comment on free AV’s.

Thanxx
Naren

…and is also heavy on resources… ;D
…and your Windows has to be validated… ;D

I understand the vote on MSE.

It’s free, easy to use, light on CPU (even if heavy on RAM), shows almost no compatibility issues with anything installed, almost no false positives, good detection rates…

As a basic AV (with the natural limitations of this kind of product) it’s the best free solution out there.

and is also heavy on resources, so you agreed its best among free AV’s :wink:

I dont find it heavy on resources. The pirated windows are one of the root causes of malware’s spread.

Thanxx
Naren

Explained in a simple & good way anyone can understand.

Thanxx
Naren

easy to use??? no wonder… you have only few options to chose… FP (FP will only become higher if you install/uninstall day in day out) is far better than having an infection, CAV has better of what I have seen but anyway you have answered my question. thanks for the explaining :slight_smile:

Regards,
Valentin N

i voted avast in my owner ip
and comodo in my vpn.

I voted Comodo Internet Security. I’m new to it , but extremely satisfied with working on our old computer.TheIgster has been doing some comparing on his blog which convinced me to give it a try.rocky

I voted for CIS.

Just tell me that with this poll you can only vote once. :stuck_out_tongue:

Courtesy: www.download.com

With Avast 6 fresh out of the gate and CNET’s opinion on record, it’s time to ask you which of the many free security suites available is your favorite. The big three on Download.com are AVG, Avast, and Avira, although it will be interesting to see if the download counts are reflected in popularity. We aimed to have all the major players represented here, although we left out certain choices like ClamWin Antivirus, technically still in beta.
The poll will remain open until 11 p.m. PT March 3, and we’ll look at the results March 4.

Guys, if you are one of the loyal fans of Comodo internet security like me, go ahead and vote for Comodo ;D

P.S: we are left behind compared to other Av’s, which are less effective than CIS :a0

Thanks for your supoort kumar :slight_smile: :-TU

Thank you. But no need to say thanks because i believe its one of my primary responsibility to help Comodo, This is the only way to express my Loyalty which i learned in Grad School… ;D

At Pahni Kumar. I merged your topic.

Thank You :). I was searching for my topic and am sorry that i didn’t see this posting before.

thanks guys!

I’m not even sure if CIS should be included in this race… I mean CIS is an entirely different breed. How many of the products mentioned there have HIPS, DDT, etc ?!
When they would finaly come to know this animal (CIS) and they will start copying it (because CIS just WORKS, it doesn’t work if you are lazy and/or untrained) then it would be a real competition !

P.S I’ve voted for CIS and always will.

Please keep in mind that this is not a scientific statistic.

And although it presents free solutions up to vote there’s a world of a difference between AVG, Avast, Avira, MSE on one side and Comodo on the other.

If I would install Comodo’s AV I would have the benefit of Defense+, wich makes comparisons impossible.

It shouldn’t.