Do you like Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) or not?

Hey,

Ok, I just want some people’s opinions on what they think of Comodo Anti-Viruspyware (CAVS) and if they would use it now as a BETA version, I’d also like to hear from people who have used it and don’t like it too.

Thanks.

SD.

(CNY)

Hey SD,

I’ve used CAVS for the past 10 months or so. It’s not perfect, but no software is. For the first 6 months, I ran it on a single segregated PC that I used for testing all manner of ■■■■ on. Performance hit was no worse that any other AV product and it seemed to keep the PC as clean as it was before CAVS was on it.

I’m now running it on 45 PCs in a controlled segment of a production environment. I have less malware issues with these 45 PCs than I do with PCs on the other segments.

In summary, it’s working and working very well for me. This is due to the semi-controlled state of the OS on these PCs, our teams level of knowledge and experience and CAVS functionality. It may not work as well in other environments, but I’m more than happy with it and plan to evaluate the release version with a view to pushing it across our entire LAN.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hey,

Does anyone else have any more comments to make?

Thanks.

SD.

(CNY)

Hey SD,

have been using CAVS on several computers and very happy about the program and features!

Since we switched to Vista OS on our new computers we regret that we cannot install the present version of CAVS on these computers but are eagerly awaiting a Vista version which will be installed immediately.

For me CAVS is a YES!

Harry
(:NRD)

Hi SD,

I have been running CAVS on a home computer under windows xp, and the current version runs pretty much perfectly.
While the detection rate is not perfect, if you use it alongside BOClean then you should have little to worry about in this respect. Also, CAVS Application based HIPS does an excellent job of blocking new unknown malware from executing.

I have started collecting some samples of malware to send to Comodo, and can say that CAVS does a great job of stopping files executing. I would recommend anyone to try CAVS, but with caution due to it currently being beta.

Mike

I am using CAVS on a 2nd “test system” with only CFP and CBOClean as other security programs, and so far it goes pretty well :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

Hey,

Many thanks.

SD.

(CNY)

I have trusted Comodo for both my firewall and anti virus requirements for sometime now, i am very happy with their performances. Throughout this time my system has remained stable and (as far as i’m aware ) virus free.

I await the latest version of Comodo firewall with eager anticipation.

(L)

CAVS dun score well on proved official tests, da detection rate is nearly at bottom. but its HIPS feature is good.

my suggesion: if u haf experience enough to configure and decide on HIPS, try it wit some other apps for 2nd catch (free: aol, avg, avast, antivir)

if not, take 1 of those inside da bracket as ur primary app and use CAVS for 2nd opinion.

my 2c.