Do we need the Diagnostics and Repair function ?

Yes Jacob. You got it (:CLP)

May be the best solution to keep everyone happy.

I can not say the feature really bothers me, or the space it takes. On the other hand, given the option, I probably would not install it.

Sorry,Commodus…
I Still think we need it…

Since, many things could go wrong…

CG

I think having a choice is a good idea. That way everybody will be happy :slight_smile:

(Having a choice is always a good idea)

That may be true…

May Comodo Have a installer like when you download Java or Google Chrome or Yahoo Messenger… it makes you download a small installer that gives these small options then downloads the packages that are required(firewall/antivirus/defense/etc…) from the home server… and installs them…

CG

That’s an option. But some people would want to use CIS on an infected PC, where is no internet connection or the connection is being terminated\redirected by malware. :-
Having a full installer is better :slight_smile:

hmmm that is true…
Ok, how about when you go to the download page… you select the options that you want… then you click “ok” then it selects the already configured installer?

CG

Cool! I like it!

LA

That’s another and better option. But why not have the same installer as we do now and just add an option to untick the “Recovery” function ?

Thanks for your suggestions Jacob. Keep 'em coming (:CLP) :■■■■

Well think about it…

You go to the download page… and you select your bit version… then that drops down options to have the AV, Defense+, Firewall, Recovery Function, etc… then you click “Download Installer” Which selects a installer that is configured the way you want… this could both help the DU(Dial Up) Users… and “I Want AV and Not Defense+” etc…

So, This would make the installer smaller…

CG

Unfortunately I’m not sure it’ll happen in the near future, as I don’t think they have plans on distributing CF or CAV stand alone. It’s the CIS installer they distribute, and the CIS installer only. But let’s hope. Please post a wish. :slight_smile:

LA

Yes I understand and I like it :-TU :-TU :-TU It’s like choosing a Linux distro download ;D OpenSUSE ? 32 or 64 or PPC, Live CD or DVD, KDE or Gnome ? Torrent or FTP ?
Sorry for !ot!

:■■■■

:stuck_out_tongue:

I Should Start My Own Wish Huh?
lol
!ot!

Thank’s

CG

I created additional zones for DHCP and DNS as well as new port sets (BOOTPS and BOOTPC) to make my rules more legible.
Then I saved my rules, and later restored them. After restore, I didn’t have my custom zones and port groups any more, and where they should have appeared in the rules, there was nothing there. I then ran Diagnostics, and it found nothing amiss ??? ??? ???
So I don’t much trust this function.

The diagnostics should only repair a broken folders\files in comodo;

i’m with CFP since beta’s and this tool never worked for me.
all my install isues were solved with a full procedure of un-intall/clean/re-install.

if “diagnostics & repair” could work (do some magic) on ■■■■■■ configurations/settings typed by users… :o

well, that’s my 2 cents.