Do we need the 32 bit or 64 bit version, please?

On the download page for the v3 Comodo Firewall, there are 32 bit and 64 bit versions listed but there is no information i can locate which shows which users need the 32 bit version and which should use the 64 bit version?

Any help would be appreciated and an update of the information on the page (unless it’s there and I missed it?) would reduce possible confusion for others too.

Thankyou very much for some great programs.

What operating system are you needing Comodo for?

I use Windows XP Professional

Unfortunately, both the 32 bit and 64 bit download files are listed as being for XP.

WHich one should I use, please?

Windows comes in two types 32 bit and 64bit.

go into your control panel, then find SYSTEM, click on that, it should say if your system is 32 bit or 64 bit, do not go by your processor type either, my processor is 64 bit capable but i run a 32 bit OS

Thanks for the help but my SYstem does not say 32 bit or 64 bit.

When i rebooted the machine, the 32 bit was noted as not being a Windows program (!) so i am downloading the 64 bit version to try that.

I believe there should be more information on the page where the downloads are made available.

Any other suggestions welcome?

Thanks, John

KB827218

Straight from the horses mouth. :slight_smile:

Al (if only installing V3 were that easy) Adric

To truly find out what version Windows XP you have…

The majority of Windows XP users run the 32-Bit Edition.
To find out which operating system your computer is running,
first click Start, and then click Run.
In the box that appears, type winver, and then click OK.
The window that appears will show you which version of Windows your computer is using.
If you see 64-Bit Edition in the product name along with Windows XP, you have the 64 bit edition.
If it doesn’t have the 64 with it you have the 32 bit version.

Hope this helps you and anyone else out who couldn’t find that information.

Thanks, a simple answer for me and others that have the same question (:CLP)

John