Do NOT check for updates if running an application in full screen mode.

Would you like this option added? (Screenshot)

Please vote, thank you. :slight_smile:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hmm could you please explain to me why? Does the update cause issues n full screen applications? I personally don’t understand the reason so if you could explain it to me that would be great! Thanks.

Doesn’t Game Mode suppress any alerts that may be generated by CIS already?

It could cause performance issues in full screen games, especially the multiplayer ones.

Yes, the game mode suppresses updates but it also changes security settings and basically allows everything. I would like to see the game mode only do what is proposed in this thread. Then there would be no need for an additional settings option and the game mode would actually be useable. I don’t feel it is in it’s current state.

Yes, possibly. I think this option would be more useful as “Do NOT update while in Game Mode”.

Voted No, because for me is a incomplete option, if you add for example:

1. Don’t check for update if an application running in full screen, but automatically scan for update when I exit the full screen (this will guarantee that I will not wait another 6h for the next update check).

2. Add a drop down box from were you can chose the priority of update (I know Comodo will say that the update is already a background process, but I don’t believe that because sometime I feel the impact on cpu when Comodo check for updates, and apply an virus database update)I’ll love to control even the priority of updates, this last option is my favorite, because will improve my pc performance. I honestly prefer that updates to take 5-10 min, than to take just 2 minute and feel the impact.

So if you add one of this two suggestions I will change my vote to Yes.

Regards RealNature,

Game mode already does this

In game mode:

Defense+/Firewall alerts are suppressed as if they are in training mode;
Defense+/Firewall alerts are suppressed as if they are in training mode;
AV database updates and scheduled scans are postponed until the gaming is over;
Automatic isolation of unknown applications and real-time virus detection are still functional.
Deactivate Game Mode to resume alerts and scheduled scans.

Ok good one, but what happens with firewall alerts? They are blocked or allowed?

This is not the place for asking questions. You can start a new topic in the help thread if you want to discuss it.

Ok

Hi SanyaIV,

It has personally caused no issues for myself, but I imagine it could under certain circumstances and especially for program updates.
Thanks.

Hi RealNature,

This option should not be necessary IMO.
The program is already set to run the update tasks as soon as possible after a schedule is missed.

2. Add a drop down box from were you can chose the priority of update (I know Comodo will say that the update is already a background process, but I don't believe that because sometime I feel the impact on cpu when Comodo check for updates, and apply an virus database update)I'll love to control even the priority of updates, this last option is my favorite, because will improve my pc performance. I honestly prefer that updates to take 5-10 min, than to take just 2 minute and feel the impact.

So if you add one of this two suggestions I will change my vote to Yes.

Regards RealNature,

I like the idea of a drop-down box to select the priority for all updates. :-TU
IMO setting priority should come under its own drop-down button for all updates.
This could be its own separate wish.
Thanks for your input and ideas, they are appreciated. :slight_smile:

Hi wasgij6,

This differs from Game mode, which suppresses alerts and alters some other preferences.
This would have zero effect on alerts or other selected preferences.
Thanks.
Edit: Added a missed word and some slight re-wording.

Hi captainsticks. Thanks for appreciation :slight_smile:
Thank you for your wish, your idea came first :-TU mine was as an addition :a0

No problems RealNature.
You were first with the idea for priority option settings, this deserves a wish to be created. :-TU

wish granted :a0

Thank you.

I don’t agree. We watch movies in full screen mode and I don’t want to see an update window pop up in the middle. No updates when any application is in full screen mode is a neat idea.

Thank you ubuysa, yes not just games. :-TU

Guys, you can use Game Mode for any application that behaves like games, that is, resource-intensive and/or full-screen. From the CIS help on Game Mode:

(…)at times when you are involved in activities like playing computer games, where you do not want to be interfered with such alerts, you can temporarily stop them from being displayed.
Hence my suggestion to improve upon an existing feature that already helps full-screen applications. What we’re coming at here seems to be: Game Mode should disable update checking, but as wasgij6 pointed out, Game Mode already does this, and already checks for updates as soon as you leave Game Mode. So, the missing feature we want added – I agree it’s a great option – is to Automatically enter Game Mode when running full-screen applications. Maybe also a list of Game Applications (enter Game Mode automatically when such apps are running).

But there need to be changes made to the Game mode so it does not put elements of CIS into training mode. It should only suppress alerts and updates and that’s it. The current Game mode is too scary to use.

It’s not scary at all. Enable game mode, start your game, play for a minute, exit the game, disable game mode. That should create all the permissions you need to play your game.