Do Java programs and Comodo CIS play well?

I have a program called SageTV that is written in Java … it’s a great Home Theater application that wa working great this morning before I installed CIS

Currently I have the latest downloaded version of CIS installed on Windows 7 Professional 64 bit (with latest updates)

Since I installed CIS my logitech keyboard and mouse software has stopped working (I clicked yes on every prompt)
and when I try to start SageTV (written in Java) it says “Error while unpacking program, code 2. Please report to author.”
also I printed the bug reporting page which never made it to my printer … but then again this is my first time trying to print a page from your forums under MSIE 8. I normally use Firefox or Chrome

Thanks for your time,
Bobby

ps I also have a few XP pro systems, a linux server and usually avoid most computer problems … with this I’m not sure where to start …

For the incidental times that I use Java I see no problem. But that doesn’t mean there may be no problems out there. Please check under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Alerts, see if there is interaction with Java reported and post a screenshot.

How is Defense + set? Look under Defense + → Advanced → Defense + Settings.

The easiest way to deal with the Logitec alerts would be to see if Logitec can be added to My Trusted Software Vendors. This will let make CIS rules automatically You may need an additional mouse for this. Go to Defense + → Common Tasks → My Trusted Software Vendors → Add → Read from a running process → select a Logitec program and see if it gets added.

Another way would be to add all Logitec .exe and .bat files in the Logitec folders to My Own Safe Files.

I use Java applications daily without issue.