DNS/Internet access problems when using mobile broadband [M216]

A. The bug/issue

1. What you did: Install V6
  2. What actually happened or you actually saw: No internet access when using Vodafone Mobile Broadband adapter
  3. What you expected to happen or see: Normal Internet access
  4. How you tried to fix it & what happened: Various Registry changes - no luck
  5. If its a software compatibility problem have you tried the compatibility fixes (link in format)?: n/a
  6. Details & exact version of any software (execpt CIS) involved (with download link unless malware): Vodafone Mobile Broadband PC-10.3.210
  7. Whether you can make the problem happen again, and if so exact steps to make it happen: Yes, just install V6
  8. Any other information (eg your guess regarding the cause, with reasons): You may want to look here: https://forums.comodo.com/install-setup-configuration-help-cis/dns-problems-with-v6-t89348.0.html but to summarize: I cannot access any site or ping any IP address after V6 install, using all default settings. Uninstalling V6 fixes things every time. Also, deselecting CIS Firewall Driver in Connection Properties makes problem go away. Everything works OK with CIS V5!

B. Files appended. (Please zip unless screenshots).

1. IPconfig output
  2. PING output, with and without CIS Firewall Driver in Connection Properties

C. Your set-up

1. CIS version, AV database version & configuration used: 6.0.2607392674, AV DB up to date, Internet Security
  2. a) Have you updated (without uninstall) from from a previous version of CIS: Yes
    b) if so, have you tried a clean reinstall (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
  3. a) Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS: No
    b) if so, have U tried a standard config (without losing settings - if not please do)?: Yes
  4. Have you made any other major changes to the default config? (eg ticked ‘block all unknown requests’, other egs here.): No
  5. Defense+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall & AV security levels: D+/HIPS= , ASB/BB= , Firewall = , AV = All Default settings
  6. OS version, service pack, number of bits, UAC setting, & account type: Win7 Pro SP1, 64 bit, UAC off, Admin
  7. Other security and utility software currently installed: None
  8. Other security software previously installed at any time since Windows was last installed: None
  9. Virtual machine used (Please do NOT use Virtual box): None

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thank you very much for your bug report in standard format. We very much appreciate the effort you have made to document this bug.

We are sorry to trouble you further but there are some items of information missing or unclear in your post

Please could you append:
B0. Your diagnostics file
B1. Your active process list - screenshot or export

The reasons we need these items of information, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

We would be very grateful if you would add these items of information so we can forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get fixed. You can find assistance using red links in the Format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a week we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report which includes all necessary information or not. We may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Where do I find DIAGNOSTICS in V6 ???

Select the ‘?’ top right, select ‘Support\Diagnostics’ Then select Create report…

Thanks for that.

Please see attachments for requested info.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Many thanks again

Mouse

Hello, greetings from Venezuela, use the google translator because my English is bad, I would like to report a bug in the version of the CIS, 6.0.264710.2708, I brings problems when trying to connect to the Internet through a broadband modem usb, I added all the program executables connection modem with firewall exceptions and secure applications, but I can not access the internet, I discovered that my operating system (Windows 7), “Center Network and Sharing”, “Connection Properties” just above “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” appears "Comodo Internet Security Firewall Driver ", I can connect to turn it off, but I lose the functions of firewall, which makes me think that there incompatibility between the driver and software usb modem connection, hopefully soon solved the problem I’m using CIS for more than four years.

Hello.

We’ll need a report in standard format I’m afraid. Please give exact model of modem, plus exact version and a download link for the drivers.

We realize this may cause you language difficulties, so please PM me or any other active mod for assistance if it does.

Standard report request below.

Best wishes

Mouse

Thank you very much for your issue report.

We would very much appreciate it if you would be kind enough to edit your report to put it in the standard format and add any additional information requested, as this will make it much easier for the developers to diagnose and fix the problem.

The reasons we need all the information in the format, though they may not seem directly relevant to the issue are explained here.

If you are able to do this we will forward this post to the format verified board, where it is more likely to get looked at by developers. You can find assistance using red links in the format and here. If you need further help please ask a mod. If you do not add the information after a day or two we will forward this post to the non-format board. If this happens we will tell you how to rectify this if you wish to.

In the current process we will normally leave it up to you whether you want to make a report in standard format or not. However we may remind you if we think a bug of particular importance.

Many thanks again

Mouse

A. THE BUG/ISSUE (Varies from issue to issue)
[ol]- Summary - CIS 6 blocks USB modem connection broadband.

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:The problem is continuous because CIS 6 completely blocks internet connection.
  • If U can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what U did & what happened:Simply installing the CIS free, after installing the program asks to restart, in doing so I try to connect to the internet and does not.
  • If not obvious, what U expected to happen:I want to connect to the Internet as in previous versions of CIS free.
  • If a software compatibility problem have U tried the conflict FAQ?:Yes, but I have not found in the FAQ’s the solution to my problem.
  • Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:The program of broadband internet connection usb, company Digitel Venezuela, modem Huawei E353 model, firmware: 21.137.00.00.155, software: 21.005.11.14.155, the driver what staying at http://www. 4shared.com/rar/wF6uoRjc/Drivers_Huawei_E353.html.
  • Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:I found that disabling the “Comodo Internet Security Driver”, located in “Center Network and Sharing”, “Adapter Settings”, “Connection Properties”, I can connect to the internet, but I lose the protection of firewall for not being active the controller to turn off, I have to assume there imcompatibilidad between CIS 6 and the broadband modem connection.
  • Always attach - Diagnostics file, Watch Activity process list, (dump if freeze/crash). If complex - CIS logs & config, screenshots, video, zipped program (not m’ware)Software driver for usb modem broadband connection: http://www.4shared.com/rar/wF6uoRjc/Drivers_Huawei_E353.html
    [/ol]

B. YOUR SETUP (Likely the same for each issue, so you can copy forward)
[ol]- Exact CIS version & configuration:CIS 6.0.264710. Internet Security

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:all modules enabled by default, I added programs usb modem connection to the list of safe firewall, and AutoSandbox, the HIPS is disabled by default.
  • Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): please see previous question, in previous versions worked perfect default settings.
  • Have U updated (without uninstall) from a previous version of CIS:No, I did a clean install, uninstalling the previous version.
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:There was no need for the installation was clean.
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:I have not imported the CIS previous settings.
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do:It was not necessary, I used the default configuration, only adding the exclusions mentioned above.
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, & VM used:Windows 7 Ultimate SP1, 32-bit, UAC default, administrator account, not using VM
  • Other security/sandbox software a) currently installed b) installed since OS:Only CIS 6, nothing more.
    [/ol]

That’s a good bug report thanks, don’t worry.

The only other things I need are:

• a process list. To get this go to Advanced Tasks ~ Watch Activity and install Killswitch.
  • a diagnostics file. Find the ? in the top right corner of CIS. Go to diagnostics and run it. Append the file.

If the ? won’t work just say. On my machine there’s a bug in this version stopping it.

Best wishes

Mouse

This issue appears to me to be the same as one already on file. Accordingly, I will merge them, if that’s OK. You can locate the merged report by following the link in the email notification.

If you don’t agree please PM any active mod with your reasons and, if appropriate, they will unmerge the issue.

Many thanks

Mouse

No problem, do what you have to do, please solve the problem. Greetings.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Although I am unable to test with the modem related to the reported problem (I am now in a different country), I am happy to say that I’ve been using another Vodafone USB Broadband Modem successfully for the past few days, even after installing the latest version of CIS V6. :-TU

Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately it could be related to the modem driver… so this is probaby best left open unless anyone else can test?

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.2.282872.2847)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Good morning, I will do my best to be clear, especially with the language barrier and the translator of google.
The driver of the modem I use has 2 modes: RAS (Modem) and NDIS, since I can use CIS 6 only select mode RAS which for me is very slow, with NDIS mode the fastest but CIS 6 still does not support it currently use CIS 6.2.282872.2847 version, the problem is there specifically, selecting NDIS modem is not connected being the fastest, as selected RAS modem connects but slow, I hope I have been clear, attached a picture of what I mean.

Thank you for checking this.

I’ve updated the tracker saying that it is not fully fixed.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (6.3.294583.2937)? Please let us know whether it is fixed or you are still experiencing the problem.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Good afternoon, I have done the search and unfortunately the problem still persists, I close the topic because I found a way to connect to the internet without the modem connection manager and I’m doing well, thank you for your attention hopefully someday achieve fix, greetings.