DLDR-Games.D False Positive ? [Resolved]

TonyKlein

can you post the aec.sy file again as I was stupid enough to trust comodo and deleted it, perhaps

comodo should set up a file repository for all the files it tells you to delete that are fp’s

bluebeard, from what i have read, windows automatically restores the “aec.sys” file… look in c/windows/system32/drivers and see if the “aec.sys” file is already there…

one nil windows

thanks

Hi redwolfe_98,
The message I was referring would be the same box from BOC image of which was placed by several users at the beginning of this thread. The difference I was talking about was /STARTUP (that’s all) in the second line where others were having different filenames like C:/windows/…/<>.sys or <>.exe.
And I was seeing that BOC’s message box every reboot.
Sorry, if my description was unclear.

Good news is - the issue declared fixed now after the latest BOC update.
The bad news is that the file was deleted and the file has nothing to do with startup
as far as I can tell now. I hope I will not encounter probs in a future because of my wrong move.
False Positives can be very dangerous things
Regards

syberlynx, it must have been something in your startup folder that was deleted… so, whatever it was, it used to run at startup and now it is not running at startup… i think that that coud easily be fixed if you knew which file was there…

maybe you still have the log from BOC’s cleaning and it will tell you what file was removed… you can look in c-BOC’s “configuration” and it will show you the location for the “report”… go to that location and see if the “report” is there, and, if it is, it will tell you what file was deleted…

then you can create a shortcut for the file and paste it in the startup folder…

Today, out-of-the-blue at system start up I got the same error but for me the file in question is SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\IPSEC.SYS. This file is identical to those in my backups from 3 weeks ago and looks fine to me.

Mark

If you check “Keep copy of trojan as evidence” in the config screen CBO ‘should’ save the file in question so you can restore it if it is a FP.

Windows didn’t restore mine, I deleted it in safe-mode. Luckily I found it on DC++, someone shared his whole Windows folder!

Rednose,

I’m not sure where you’re coming from Rednose but if you have an issue with how I conduct myself I’ll be more than happy to discuss it with you off the board. Should I email or IM you so that we can carry this conversation on in a more appropriate setting… or would you like to call me? :slight_smile:

I deleted one post, yours chastising a member because they were being helpful.
My call was that it added nothing to the thread.
What you saw as criticism from Soya was actually a very good suggestion from someone who gives their time to make things better around here.
I’m sorry if you believe otherwise.

See above.

I apologize if any mistakes were made.
It was an “interesting” day around here and believe it or not I had all 4 paws full.

~cat~ why do you think this is personal ???

My point is that on most forums Mod’s moderate according to the forum rules. Also on a lot of forums it is policy not to delete any posts. I thought it was the same here untill yesterday. Anyway I send Melih a pm :

Hi Melih.

I can’t beleve what happened with a lot of posts yesterday about the False Positives of BOCLean.

Whith the merging of the posts your Moderators deleted a lot of posts from members. But also after that, posts where symply deleted withought giving any reason.

For example : I posted a comment that someone found a new false positive, because I think that is important for the Dev. Team to know. Reason : I beleve there is a common factor in all those False Positives. But your Moderators deleted that post. And they did the same with posts from other members.

With all respect, I don’t think this is the way to manage your forum.

Greetz, Red.

His answer :

Yep, there has been some comms issues.. we'll learn from this and improve..

thanks
Melih

So I am happy :slight_smile:

Greetz, Red.

P.S. ~cat~ for your information : I am from Holland :wink: And I already told you something more about myself :slight_smile:

Nothing personal Red, it’s just distracting to the thread and inappropriate to carry this on here.
That’s why we have IM, my offer still stands.
So long as you’re happy, I’m happy. :wink:

As this should be resolved with the last update:

False Positives Fixed with latest update!

I’ll mark it resolved and lock it up. If the OP feels it needs reopened please feel free to IM a mod and we’ll open it back up.