Disconnect from internet

Hi everyone ,

I have a big problem with Comodo .
since i have install comodo i’v disconnected from the internet ( L2TP - cable ).
and than if i won’t to connect again i can’t, i always get the messege “769 the host is unreachable”
even if I exit from Comodo and try repair the local connection I can’t connect ,
the only solution is to restart windows and connect .

please help me ,

thank you

Amir

Amir, “thetiger”
Welcome to the forums
I don’t remember if CFP 2.4 allows custom IP protocols if i remember correctly it does.
open CFP 2.4 and find
Network Monitor
then find
Network Control Rules
and add a

1. Network Control Rule “IN”
    Allow IP in from IP [Any] to IP [Any] where protocol is Custom [115]
    You will have to select “Custom” and enter the IP protcol number in this case [115]
    Make sure you enable logging for this rule

2. Network Control Rule “OUT”
    Allow IP out from IP [Any] to IP [Any] where protocol is Custom [115]
    Make sure you enable logging for this rule

3. clear your logs and lets see what you get
    if you can connect you would want to go thru your logs and find the IP address of [L2TP server IP address]there is probably only one, however, it is possible there are more
    if you would like post the logs I will find them for you

if you still can't connect post your logs and lets see what you've got

Next you will want to edit the rules to tighten your security
4) Network Control Rule “IN”
Allow IP in from IP [L2TP server IP address] to IP [Any] where protocol is Custom [115]
5) Network Control Rule “OUT”
Allow IP out from IP [Any] to IP [L2TP server IP address] where protocol is Custom [115]

In the Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) [RFC791] there is a field,
called “Protocol”, to identify the next level protocol.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/protocol-numbers
115 L2TP Layer Two Tunneling Protocol

after some more research The below message was deleted. The above will have a better chance of working and is more secure if the above fails we will have to see what we see in the logs

OD
PS Amir, please let me know if this works

hi Opus Dei ,

thank for your help ,

the problem is that i can connect to the internet just once, after i disconnect manual i can’t connect again i got the 769 messege.
I don’t think the problem is with the rules beacause evey if i set it to allow all it doesn’t work.
by the way i try what you have wrote to me and it doesn’t work.
connect once and after that i can’t connect

any idea ?

thank for help

Amir

Even with setting CFP to allow all before trying to reconnect it will not connect?

I assume you are using CFP Version 2.4
Have you changed any rules after install?
Can you post your logs
Go to a command prompt type

type “ipconfig /all > c:\working_conf.txt” without the quotes when it is Working
type “ipconfig /all > c:\broken_conf.txt” without the quotes when it is Not Working
go to the root of c:\ and compare the files
“c:\working_conf.txt”
“c:\broken_conf.txt”
do th IPs match

What are the steps you use to conect and disconnect?
What is the application

also please post or if you don´want to post send me a PM and I will give you a email address to email your CFP log file send both Firewall and the Application logs (again if CFP 2.4 is saving an aplication log. It has been a couple months since I have used it. I need to put in in a VM just to refresh my memory)
I suspect you are loosing your IP Address and for some reason it does not renew

we need to see what is being blocked

OD

Type

Have ypu played around with the rules much? I had something like this happen with my USB ethernet connector
I had applied to restrictive a set of rules

I have not looked at the files yet but what I need is after you disconnect try to connect again
Not sure if that is what you did I probably was not clear. You should not see the PPP adapter when you are disconnected. However it should appear when you try to connect. you should be able to go to Control Panel > network configuration and see the adapter but you have to of started the PPP software.
if its not there try this
if you can find the Misc. setion there is a check box that says something like
Start comodo CFP when Windows starts.
if you uncheck that comodo will not load any drivers, however you will have no protection on reboot.
what happens if you uncheck that > reboot > disconnect >and you try to connect again
Be sure not lo leave that unchecked
You can then start CFP from the start menu but recheck the check box or CFP will not load on start up

and then Show me your IPconfig /all > C:\file3.txt

What happens to to the ppp adapter when boot up > disconnect >and you try to connect again
Does it appear?
Are you sure.

What happens if comodo is uninstalled?
Actually you dont have to uninstall it if you can find the Misc. setion there is a check box that says something like
Start comodo CFP when Windows starts.
if you uncheck that comodo will not load any drivers, however you have no protection.
what happens if you uncheck that reboot > disconnect >and you try to connect again
Be sure not lo leave that unchecked
You can then start CFP from the start menu

the (>) is an ouput redirect you can save it to any filename you would like I like to put them on the root of C:\ because it is easy and I name the file *.txt so it opens automatically with a text editor

I´ll have a look at your files and see what I can see

OD