Disabling "File reviewing" and possibly Defense+ entirely (pros and cons?)

Hey guys.

First off, I just wanna disable the file reviewing completely. Is that possible? I’ve spent a lot of time digging through the settings and so far this one has eluded me (if it exists). For me, the feature is pretty much useless.

Second, how much effectiveness and security do I lose if I install Comodo (with leaktest enabled) without the Defense+ module. I get a flash of irritation every time it prompts me to OK an installer. I know it’s for the best, but it really gets tiring. So, is disabling it akin to shooting myself in the foot or can I have a reasonable amount of security with it turned off? If it’s ok, should I stick with v3 or go back to the old one which seems to be developed without Defense+ entirely.

Thanks for the help and kudos on making a kick-■■■ app.

File reviewing is ON and I don’t know of a way to disable it.

Installing CFP V3 with leakproof enabled but without Defense+ offers a comparable level of security to the previous version.

Ewen :slight_smile:

Installing CFP V3 with leakproof enabled but without Defense+ offers a comparable level of security to the previous version.

That’s good. How much more secure is having Defense+ enabled?

G’day,

Defense+ is basically Comodo’s HIPS component and it performs very, very well. Some people find it a bit chatty, but its chattiness can be varied depending upon the settings you choose. The degree of chattiness is directly proportionate to the level of security.

You want security? Expect a bit more chattiness.
You want less chattiness? Expect lower security.

As with most things in life, it’s a compromise, but the degree you have to compromise is up to you and your comfort level.

You think this kicks ■■■? Wait till you see what’s in the pipeline! :wink:

Cheers,
Ewen :slight_smile: