"DisableWindowsUpdateAccess" always automatically turn to 1

???
In my a sony computor, the key in registry \hkey_local_machine\software\policies\microsoft\windows\WindowsUpdate
always automatically generate a reg_dword “DisableWindowsUpdateAccess” value 1.
Whatevery and however i do, it always automatically added after some time.
I use comodo internet security, microsoft security essencials, comodo system-cleaner and etc, no virus found, no malware found.
I deleted every account in \hkey_local_machine\sam\sam\ execpt myself and only myself left. that is the original administrator and guest account also been deleted. i even deleted every network group and account in SAM\Domains\Biltin.
Still the “DisableWindowsUpdateAccess” (value 1) is alway automatically generated.
I also limited everyones’ access to that key. Still doesn’t work.

Hope, really hope some one could help me. thanks indeed!

Please do a scan with MBAM; just to make sure this behavior isn’t caused by malware. If that not helps, you can use WinPatrol for blocking changes in the registry for the specific locations.

I would recommend a system restore; Especially after removing built-in accounts;

Unless of course this Windows Installation is in VM,

Whats your OS?

Thanks
Jake

Are you using Comodo Programs Manager?

Why did you do that? Do you realize that could have broken a lot of things?

Why not create a dummy registry for that spot <—please note I have never tried that because I have never been in that situation, but it’s just an idea

I also use Comodo internet security premium Defense+ to protect the registry keys. Yesterday, it happend again. In the mean time, i also blocked every income and outcome connection by windows firewall and comodo firewall. Only IE and Chrome can go out.

I also tried restore to original factory statous, even before i connect to internet, the “DisableWindowsUpdateAccess” key automatically added with some other key.

I talked with sony sevice person, nothing can do.

I hope I can connet to some security service to have the notebook completely scanned.

CPM will disable automatic updates of Windows. It’s a known bug.

Nice one! Thanks for sharing that :-TU

p.s. I just got out of the shower 3rd time today cauz it’s +35 bloody degrees here!
I’m going to have another cold one after reading this … disconnecting! ;D

Showers always make me feel worse… after I step out. :stuck_out_tongue:

I just get a lot of blankets. :stuck_out_tongue: