Diagnostic failed after CIS 7 install

Installed CIS 7, previously uninstalled beta. Installation went fine, and CIS seem to work fine too, but if I goto diagnostics, it says that it found some problems that it couldn’t fix automatically. Can anyone else, who installed CIS 7 test this? Report attached.

[attachment deleted by admin]

So what is this error and how do I fix it?

Hi Maniak2000,
I am getting the same error, I am not to sure what to make of it.
It does at least say the “Service started/resumed”.
I will see if I can find some information out about this.

Thanks.

The description for Event ID 0 from source cmdAgent cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Service started/resumed

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

Does reinstalling by following these methods solve this, or does this continue even after reinstalling?

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
Mine is a clean re-install, but I might try re-installing again later today or tomorrow.
Also I am yet to determine what action causes the event error (Not reproducible at will), as it seems to happen randomly.
Sometimes the same error is in the diagnostics report multiple times.
There are no other noticeable side effects, all appears to be running correctly.

I have noticed one common factor between Maniak2000 and myself, we are both seeing this on 64-bit systems.
I have not seen this on my 32-bit systems.
Is anyone else seeing this error show up in their diagnostics report on 64-bit systems?

Thanks.
Edit: Attached the diagnostics report.

[attachment deleted by admin]

OK this is what I have found so far.
It is not random as I first thought, it is logged at boot time.
The reason I have inconsistent number of logs is because I sometimes set CCleaner to clear the logs and this also includes Comodo logs in Windows log viewer (Hence the reason for the variation in the number of events shown).

Considering this happens at boot time, I wonder if the following issue reported (For V6) is related to this issue?
cmdAgent Event Category:None Event ID:0 [V6]

captainsticks, if you can find a way to reproduce this, it sounds like it would be worth reporting through the tracker. If a clean install starts showing errors through the diagnostics, when there is no discernible reason for the errors, this sounds like a bug. Either something about CIS is being accidentally interfered with, which sounds like a bug, or there is something wrong with the diagnostics itself, which is a bug. Of course, it’s possible that something else is going on, but either way I think it’s best to get it to the devs.

It may or may not be related to that old bug report. However, as it was never properly formatted, with necessary files, the devs were never even able to look into it.

Thanks.

Hi Chiron,
I will have a little more play this afternoon in between other duties and see what I find, I will then report to the tracker this evening.

Thanks.

Great. :smiley:

Hi Chiron,
Tried a re-install and it still occurred everytime from the very first reboot, so I have reported to the tracker.

Thanks to Maniak2000 for bringing this to our attention. :-TU

No problem, do what I can.

Yesterday someone told me of new CIS7 non-beta release link, I then installed on Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit updated to that time; all worked fine, except noticed update info for new malicious sites/websites flash by w/o doing anything but get green checks (so does AV updating, but it DOES download/install); so I ran CIS7 v.4115 native diagnostic and got same “can’t fix some issues” reports everyone else did; uninstalled CIS7, ran reg checks to ensure CIS keys out, restarted, downloaded CIS7 again, and now its native diagnostic gives green check saying no problems found.

Would’ve submitted diagnostic reports to Comodo Support but their Captcha seems to not like anything at all I entered. All I know is another program, in this case SpyBot 2.2 free, had also been on machine and I uninstalled it prior to uninstalling CIS7; SpyBot sent through motions to reset all before uninstalling; then ala malware left some kind of nothing-works-on-it ‘ghost’ blocking system proxy access (IE11 and Firefox could at least be reset to auto-detect connections, MS Fix It finally got server proxy right).

I know CIS7 but for the new website-watchers updates is working now across the board, so I’m wondering if CIS7 itself is having some sort of issue with its own connectivity and that’s why newest features don’t update? Hope this helps.