Detection vs Prevention : Your first line of Defense

Any hint on when CMF gets into CFP? (L)

LA

Dear Melih.
Some time ago I had a conversation with an editor of a computer magazine about av-s. I stood up for prevention when he was talking about anti virus programs and I felt pretty good about myself thinking that I had to be someone more informed about security trends. Than he told me that a lot of anti-viruses had already implemented hips. nod, kaspersky, bitdefender etc. Heck, now I have it, trying to be smart, I told myself.
He was right, was not he?
Antivirus programs are gaining ground again, cos they are implementing hips. So they are again one step ahead.
What say you bro? Are “we” losing again?

Thomas

he he…
there is a simple test! Take the latest viruses/malware and throw them against all the best known AVs… and watch your machine get infected!!!

then clean up your PC… reinstall OS etc…

then install CFP v3 and do the same thing…
you will see difference!

The proof is the pudding…

here is a challange to the editor you spoke to: Here is a $1000 bet: He takes the top 3 AVs… put them all together if he wishes then we will provide the latest Day zero viruses/malware and throw it against them… lets see if they stop them or not… If not… why not? and why can CFP stop them?

So go for it and ask that editor to take up this $1000 challange!

Melih

There he goes, the Lone Ranger of Security, going in with both guns blazing!

Go ahead; change the way they think.
(:WIN)

axl

someone has to! :slight_smile:

Melih

ComputerWorld has an interesting article:
The future of antivirus
Is there a way out of the arms race?

Regards,
Mike

Dear Melih
I would have argued in the past and tryed to prove myself. Now I have no intention neither will to argue and persuade that computer editor about who is right and who wrong. Everyone is responsible for themselves, so if he insist his way, let it be. I respect it.
I can not change others. And this is not my purpose. I am to be changed first.
But anyway thanks for supporting my stand about comodo hips vs av-s. it is good to hear you are so confident about your firewall and hips. I am sure they are excellent apps. Greatful for them too.

regards to all comodo team