Detection rate comparatives about CIS and 3rd party final AV products by darcjrt

A suggestion: just take screenshots of the program windows instead of the whole desktop. Your images are taking too much time to load.

Suggestion taken!!

I though images would bring some sort of credibility to the tests…but I just opened the thread and it took to much time to load…LOL

I’ll delete the images and put the results on a table.

Here are the results. Not a table but for now…Scanning with Avira HEUR ON and A-SQUARED heur ON to compare.

[attachment deleted by admin]

i put it in an excel for you…
hope it will be useful…

cheers

Melih

why is the total amount of scanned object different? and How much malware does the machine contain?.. this is not a fair comparison!

Thats because some programs count compressed archive as 1 scanned file, while others also count all the files inside compressed archive. Same applies to SFX archives…

True.
Also A-squared has a powerful cleaning engine. Meaning that it will scan for traces. ie. If you install AV2009 it will remove every file and registry key related to AV2009, including the installation folder if any.

I’m up to 3500 samples more or less.

:slight_smile:

When you’re done testing, don’t forget to send the samples to Comodo :wink:

Xan

Could you please test geswall for prevention 88)
I can tell you right now it will score 100% at what ever you throw at it. :o

Maybe, I missed something. Why the results are shown without heuristics?..

This thread originaly was showing CIS detection rates with and without hueristics. It has now since moved on to other applications aswell…

It’s indeed bigger now, perhaps we need to change the topic title ?

Xan

Hmm…what about “darcjrt’s testing thread”

Kyle, so…where is the comparison of heuristics? Can you, please, provide me link?

Thanks!! I really have a lot of work around here.

More than 50% was already sent!! I will send every single piece!! I use CIS, so I want it to be the best!! LOL

Ok. Be around for results.

I am testing CIS 3.5.57173.439. This version has no Heuristics so to be fair I tuned off Heuristics from Avira and A-Squared. Each time COMODO release a new beta, I will test it also, but only heuristics. When they go final I will do a Full test.

BTW attached results from DB 946.

PS I added a couple of more samples so scanning results may change. However, you can see and compare results against prev scans.

Sorry about the double file post. Have fat fingers. LOL

I like that! hehe

I’m testing against Avira Free and A-squared because IMO Avira has huge detection rate and I love disinfection power of A-squared. And it turned to have a fair sig DB. This way we can compare and track CIS signatures increasing.

There are some results files on the first and 2nd page.

Thank you, darcjrt!

darcjrt as you’re the topic owner, would you like another name or not ?

Xan

Please, this is more than a Heur Test. How about CIS detection rate comparison (CIS, AVira, A-squared). ??

THX

I’ll let you know :slight_smile:

Xan