DEP compatibility?

Got this error after installation - MS did report an error and shutdown the application

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/2624/clipboard01os4.jpg

ideas?

That is weird…
You can disable DEP for individual applications when it is set to the OptOut mode.

1. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
  2. Right-Click the MyComputer icon on Windows Desktop and then click Properties.
  3. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Performance.
  4. Click the Data Execution Prevention tab.
  5. Click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
  6. Click Add, and then locate the program file that you want to fix.
  7. Click Open.
  8. Click OK, and then restart your computer.

Thank you, I will follow your advise but I missed to paste the MS error report:

COMODO BOClean - Anti-Malware has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience

EventType : BEX P1 : BOC423.EXE P2 : 4.2.3.1 P3 : 46285b5a
P4 : unknown P5 : 0.0.0.0 P6 : 00000000 P7 : 68706172
P8 : c0000005 P9 : 00000008

Edit
Disabling DEP on BOC423.EXE seems not to do the trick - the application is closed within 5 minutes.
Ok, I am going to uninstall it

Hmm, un-installation failed too - after a reboot it was still there.

“Can not remove BOcore.exe” when trying to delete the pgm folder (delete denied) - had to kill the BOcore.exe process to be able to delete it.

what a nasty piece of software - you’re not making friends by releasing beta quality software (:CLP)

You have to shutdown BOClean BEFORE you uninstall it. Or in your case you should have killed the BOcore.exe process FIRST.

Greetz, Red.

Actually it’s the 4.22/23 .exe that needs manually shut down, not BOCore.exe.

Tropical OZ,
You may want to read the instructions and user guide before drawing any conclusions.
Download Link, Install/Uninstall Instructions, & User Guide

i am going to add my “uninformed” and “ignorant” comment…

i reformatted my pc on april 15th and, after i had restored everything, i started getting “errors” when i would try to run various applications, probably, most frequently, when i would try to open “explorer”… it would be an “access violation” with a “c000005” error code…

i had not seen these (frequent) errors before reformatting on april 15th, and i think that the problem was being caused by one or more of the recent MS patches…

i also noticed that many other people were having similar “errors” with the various programs that they used (when i would see their posts in various forums)…

well, back about May 16th, or so, i tried using “active killdisk” to wipe free-space on my harddrive, and it ■■■■■■■ some things up on my computer and so i had occasion to reformat again…

after having reformatted again on May 18th, i am no longer seeing the frequent “access violation” “c000005” errors… this makes me believe more that the problem was being caused by one of MS’s recent patches, which, apparently, was addressed by another one of MS’s patches which came later… (we had the May patches, plus a couple of others, relating to “windows installer”)…

so, what i am saying is that the error that you are getting when installing BOC might not be a problem with BOC, but something with windows… you could check, at the “windows updates” website, to see if you have all of the MS patches installed…

Yep, you are right :slight_smile: I was too hasty between two meetings at work. Sorry :-\

Greetz, Red.

i saw this in the comodo BOC “knowledge base”:

Un-installing BOClean

Solution: If you wish to un-install BOClean please use the UnInstall Comodo BOClean option in the programs menu.

If you try to un-install from the Add/Remove Programs list you will get an error regarding a file that cannot be found.

So, the un-install must be done from the entry in the programs menu.

that is what it says, for what it is worth…

Hmmmm…instead of beta quality software perhaps it’s the beta quality testers! Sorry I had to say that! :■■■■

Peeps, I do expect software to work by Windows rules in terms of un-installation and operation without needing to read a sneaky manual that tells me not to use the Add/Remove feature.

Whatever the cause is for popping the above mentioned errors I don’t really care. Just release software only when it’s in working order (dot)

:THNK

tropical, there were some problems with c-BOC 4.23… however, a new version will be released soon, hopefully… you can check back in a week or so to see if the new build, build 4.24, has been released, if you want to try it out…

also, i noticed that you are running spywareterminator and, if you are running it in realtime along with BOC, they might be conflicting with each other…

i have never heard of BOC’s conflicting with anything, but spywareterminator might be an exception…

if you are going to run BOC, i would suggest disabling spywareterminator’s realtime scanning before installing BOC, and try running BOC without having ST’s realtime scanning running at the same time… then, if you want to, you can re-enable ST’s realtime scanning and see if they conflict with each other…

There is no such software installed on my box…
actually I am using Spybot S&D about once a day but that’s not a realtime scanner.

… and so do I …
… I also expect my kids to show me total respect, my car to start first time every time, my TV reception to be perfect, the Broncos to be premiers again this year, and my wife to have my dinner ready at a certain time every night.
But then there’s the real world where I do the cooking every night, the Broncos have won 3 from 10, my car has a mind of it’s own [like my kids], my TV is out to get me, and Windows … …well you get the picture. :cry:

OK… sorry… my mistake…

Should we whack them upside the head?

Na, the blame is pain 'nuf!

(:TNG)

For whatever it’s worth, I had to place BOC423.exe in DEPs’ exclude list too.

edit~ I also run ST with BOClean, and no conflicts :BNC

ST and BOClean have no conflics :slight_smile: If you visit the ST forum you can see a lot of the boys over there use BOClean as well :wink:

Greetz, Red.

(:WAV)