Delete the browser from the package CIS.

Delete the browser from the package CIS.

1. Remove as not needed. (You can put later).
  2. There is no alternative choice. (Not included IceDragon).
    Why not included IceDragon?
  3. Users do not attentive option when installing CIS and set browser automatically.

Personally it doesn’t bother me, but it could be removed and only downloaded separately if selected. :slight_smile:

Personally it doesn't bother me..
Well, me too. I think you understand what we are talking about. ;)

Edit: I have edited the answers.
Would like to hear. No.- Why?

Yes and I am in no way against the idea, I can see it could be beneficial to some users that do not require Dragon due to the smaller download if it was removed. :-TU

Also remove GeekBuddy

Personally, I would favor this but it’s not going to happen. GB is a money maker.

I voted against removing the browser. I see no problem there.

I respect your opinion.

But your opinion:
1.Why not included IceDragon?
2.Just why not include in IceDragon?
Not all users are using the OS 64 bit.
Then, if approached correctly, do not need to hide (members package CIS) the rest, for additional options.

Thanks.

I voted against removing the browser. I see no problem there.
That does not answer why? This is the answer - I do not care. ;)

This is a separate - Poll .
Thanks.

I agree it would be great to see IceDragon offered, but other than that it’s not an issue to me.

Bundling is a fact of life now, I see it as the ‘price’ we pay for having such great freeware everywhere and, it’s not difficult to find the CIS installer that just has CIS and nothing else.

I agree it would be great to see IceDragon offered, but other than that it's not an issue to me.
Thank you for your opinion.
....... it's not difficult to find the CIS installer that just has CIS and nothing else.
That's interesting. Where you will find only the AV and FW? Only in older versions. --------------------------------------- Include a load that is [u]not necessary.[/u]? Thanks.

I don’t care, since you can select what you want to install and what not. Personally I always deselect Geek Buddy and Comodo Dragon ;D

;D But not all the same advanced users. :wink:

Yes. but those options can be easily missed by new users.

Yes indeed, the better wish would be both Dragon browser and Geekbuddy to be in the main windows(without to choose Custom install to see them) :-La

It was the best option initially.
But it went the other way because …
This should have been done since the CIS 6 version.
Need to change the approach to the users.
If do not want to be removed from the installation, him need to offer at the very beginning and openly. But personally, I do not need it is volume of the package.

You can download the AV and FW as an installer with no bundles from Comodo but they don’t make it easy to find…

The easiest way I find is to get the link from MajorGeeks (just google “Comodo CIS MajorGeeks”) and that will give you the installer with no extras. Also separate x86 and x64 installers.

Thanks for the reply.
We are talking about a complete package.
Thank you.
Edit:

… just out of interest -

All ok.
Thanks for info. :wink:

Hi … I don’t entirely get your meaning sorry, but I extracted the download url from the MajorGeeks page anyway, just out of interest -

For x86 CIS -

http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x86.exe

For x64 CIS -

http://downloads.comodo.com/cis/download/installs/1000/standalone/cispremium_installer_x64.exe

What these links give you is the latest version of CIS (not an older version that then updates itself). x86 is 45.2 mb, x64 is 52.62 mb. What you get is just the AV and FW, nothing else.

If you just want the 32 bit version or 64 bit version of CIS you can get them here:

or here

No Geekbuddy or Comodo Dragon included! Just The Latest CIS Firewall and Antivirus!

I want all of them in one package… even I want Icedragon in it ;D