Defense+ protects my shared folder / files on the network too?

Question: for example: Comodo internet security defense+ detects modifications made by a virus to my shared files on the network. I tested it and it didn’t work, my folder is shared with read/write access permissions on the network, and I have blocked my shared folder with defense+, and others users can modify my shared folder and defense+ didn’t block it.

There is any way to configure defense+ to fix this trouble?

A solution would be to install Defense+ on all PC’s on the workgroup network but if I wouldn’t be able to install on all PC’s and then my last option would be to configure Defense+ on my PC only?
would It be possible?

Edit by EricJH: changed the all caps title to normal

:frowning: ??? Hi, I keep getting an annoying folder on my desktop every 10 minutes after deleting it. I cannot get rid of the folder. I have tried a lot of things already such as manually deleting it in the cmd shell, going in safe mode and changing the ownership, then deleting it, and finally using the famous EMCO MoveOnBoot program. It keeps coming back. The file has a little icon bottom left with two heads on it saying it is file shared. i got this problem when my anti-virus alarm went off after accidentally downloading an infected file from eMule downloading site. How do i turn off File sharing in Windows Vista x32?? Is my problem related to your one? Can you help me stop the file sharing protection using Comodo? What do i click on?

Please help me.

Tony

[at]Ryan. I have no idea to whether Defense + is capable of protecting a shared folder on a remote location on a network.

[at]Tony. Try What to do if you’re infected - eXPerience Rev.3, let us know if that solved it and provide us the requested A-Squared and Hijack This logs.
I moved your original topic to Virus/Malware Removal Assistance because your problem is most likely malware related. It can be found here: https://forums.comodo.com/virusmalware_removal_assistance/possible_virus_file_sharing_folder_issue-t44450.0.html .