Defense+ prevents Switched-On Schoolhouse 2009 from running

I encountered Switched-On Schoolhouse 2009 ( http://www.aophomeschooling.com/switched-on-schoolhouse/overview.php ) being prevented from running the Student interface when Defense+ is enabled. I was able to leave both Comodo AV and Firewall enabled. Defense+ was the only component I needed to disable.

Is there some way to whitelist specific applications so that we can turn Defense+ back on and still have this application function properly?

The program appears to be developed in .Net and also Comodo was taking offense to the installation of things “.Net related”.

Host OS is Windows XP Home, SP3, all hot fixes.

Do you see actions reported regarding this program under Defense + → Common Tasks → View Defense + Alerts? Please post a screenshot as well.

Thanks for the reply. I will check with the person who’s computer this happened on and post a reply.

I was able to visit this computer today. Please see the attached information from that computer:

[attachment deleted by admin]

CIS is blocking the install of a hook \system32\MSCTF.dll.

It probably got blocked when it popped up. To set it straight go to Defense + → Advanced → Computer Security Policy → look up and select the program → Edit → Access Rights → push the Modify button behind Windows/Winevent hooks → open the Blocked hooks tab → remove the entrie and Apply and Ok your way back to the main screen.

Thank you for the excellent instructions.

I went directly to the spot you indicated. Both the Teacher and Student .exe’s were in the list. The Student had block for all event types, whereas the Teacher had allow. I adjusted the Student to all allow, and the application works properly.

I will follow up with the vendor to let them also know what the solution is.

Thanks again!

Glad the problem got solved and thank you for informing the vendor.

Since it turned out not to be a bug I will move the topic to the help boards.