Defense+ Pending Files Purge Error

Purge can delete files it shouldn’t. (Which are still there)

Did this three or four times…
Finally after reboot, everything returned to normal…

Here is how it apparently happened:

Copied an .exe program (ArsClip.exe) from a downloaded zip file to directory created on my D: drive. (Secondary drive.)

MAYBE WE SHOULD MONITOR ALL .ZIP FILES TOO???

Ok, this leads me to the other issue… Need the ability to CREATE AN EXCEPTION AREA USING WILDCARDS IN PENDING FILES. (Especially when using “Clean PC Mode.”

Have a large download directory which may have some questionable installs. When i add this directory to Pending area checking off “include subfolders” option… This results in a 15 minute wait when hundreds of programs are processed. After all this, selecting lookup verifies some are OK.

Now when exiting this screen, the system indicates it is going to relocate safe files (according to Comodo online lookup results) to my local safe database… WHERE THE HECK IS THAT? Can’t find it anywhere. Definately DID NOT ADD THEM TO PROTECTED FILES AREA. NO WAY TO EDIT THIS?

Now it takes ages for this “Protected Files” list to populate…
Deleting the lists takes WAYYYYY too long too!

Not to mention… using defense+ eventually results in an unruly (HUGE) “Computer Policy List” with no way to search programs for individual rules. You can’t even sort the list in any way… Nor can you choose to just display filenames… It’s sorted by rule creation date which is great as the default… (Would make it easy to search for a program other ways such as by name / directory etc…)

Defense+ is a neat feature, but the GUI KILLS ITS USABILITY! And there’s no way to set a flag to test your rules along with the effectiveness of the firewall.

TRYING TO ADMINISTER DEFENSE+ REMINDS ME OF PIECING A DOCUMENT BACK TOGETHER AFTER IT HAS BEEN THROUGH A PAPER SHREDDER.

Because of no individual rule flags or sorting criteria, the best way to recover from a misbehaving system appears to be: Deleting all the Learned Defense+ Rules, delete all the Learned Network Policy Rules, and then let Comodo begin learning all over again…

Asside from the Admin issues… It appears to be a good firewall, with some neat features coded in.

V3.0.13.268 Vista Ultimate 2GB ram Core2Duo t7500 Lenovo T61p