Defense Events now stopping Avira access COM interface

Hello,

Ive been using Comodo firewall without IS for several months without trbl. The only av pgm running is Avira Antivir Premium. Two days ago Comodo Defense Events started to block Program Files\Antivir PersonalEdition Premium\avgnt.exe from acessing COM Interface with the target \RPC Control\ntsvcs. Is this normal and if not, how do I fix this? Comodo is running in Clean PC mode.

Avira is still actively working (guard, scans) but now the system tray icon is showing the Antivir guard status as unknown. The only information I could find regarding this with Antivir is to reset the LSP stack which may affect other security related pgms such as Commodo. I am getting javascript:void(0); when I dbl click on sys tray icon for Avira along with the guard status as unknown. The Avira forum mentions this possible solution to fix the trbl:

Please try the following procedure:

• open a command prompt (Start → Run → type cmd.exe and press OK)
  • issue the following command: netsh winsock reset
  • restart the computer
  • go to Start → Run → Control Panel → Add/Remove Programs. Select AntiVir and click Change. Then click Next all the way and then Finish.

Please note that this procedure will reset the LSP stack to the default values. Other applications that have a LSP installed may not work properly.

What I need to know is if this procedure will effect Commodo Firewall in any adverse way. If so I will not take the chance and try it since technically Avira is still working, I would just want it 100% which is not unreasonable. Also, I have both Avira and Commodo working fine together on another machine for several months. Both Avira and Commodo Firewall are at their latest versions.

Please advise

thanks,

New User

Hello!

Open up Comodo, go to Defense+AdvancedComputer Security Policy. Find avgnt.exe in the list, double-click it and choose Access Rights. Click Modify next to Protected COM Interfaces, and in the blocked section, you should find RPC Control\ntsvcs. Remove it, and add it to Allowed COM Interfaces, then apply the new configuration.