Defense+ CPU hog & slow

Product Version: 5.10.228257.2253

Comodo Defense+ is VERY SLOW! It can take me up to 10 minutes to install some programs as I sit there waiting for the Comodo prompts to pop-up (often over one minute between each pop-up).

Deciding to look into this, I noticed that when I clicked on the OK button in a Defense+ prompt during any install, Comodo CPU usage would jump to the 50% range. Then when another Defense+ prompt was presented on the monitor screen, the CPU usage returned to normal.

Something is broken.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Please make sure that there are no left overs of previously uninstalled security programs around. Not all uninstallers do a proper job. And left over applications, drivers or services can cause all sort of “interesting effects”.

Try using removal tools for those programs to remove them. Here is a list of removal tools for common av programs: ESET Knowledgebase .

There aren’t any left-overs. I did not have this problem with the 5.9 release.

Do you have Comodo Firewall or the Comodo Internet Security suite?

Do the suggestions in Solving High CPU problems bring a solution?

I have just the firewall.

When is 5.11 coming out?

Does adding the CFP installation folders to the exclusions of the AV you use help?

??? Are you contending that my AV (Microsoft MSE) is somehow causing high CPU load numbers in Comodo during an install???

I think that if there were a problem with MSE, I would see the high CPU figures for the MSE application, NOT for the Comodo app.

WHAT exactly would MSE be doing dueing a program install that would cause Comodo to go into CPU loops and then jump out of them?

I am not saying anything. I am simply trying standard troubleshooting steps to see if that plays a role or not.

The throw everything against the wall and see what sticks approach to problem debugging is a FAIL form the getgo. It’s just a waste of everyone’s time.

I am not a developer but an end user like yourself. I can only do basic troubleshooting steps until the point where I will advise to file a bug report so the Comodo people can take a closer look.

Do you happen to know when the next release (5.11) is scheduled to come out? I think that might be when I will start with a new config.

Otherwise, I don’t have a lot of time to spend on debugging this problem.

I haven’t the faintest idea when 5.11 will arrive. Let us know if the problem still exists with 5.11 then.

Or do a quick test by importing and activating a factory clean configuration and see if the problem persists. The factory default configuration can be found in the CIS installation folder. Make sure to import it under an applicable name like CIS Proactive Security Clean or so to prevent your existing configuration getting overwritten.

I created a clean config. Works much better (though still a bit slow, IMO).

So seems Comodo might have some problems with not building a new config every eime and update occurs.