Defense+ causing BSOD (IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL)

(:SAD)

Hi everybody,
Apparently Defense+ is causing me a BSOD. I have recently installed windows vista Ulitmate SP1 on a Compal HGL30 labtop. I believe all my drivers are up to date. when i install CFP 3, and restart i get BSOD, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. If i reboot in safe mode the computer logs on normally. I opened CFP and it gives me a message that Defense+ is not functioning normally. I tried the diagnostic tool under the miscellaneous tab in comodo and it did not find anything wrong in my installation. While in safe mode, i disabled Defense+ and restarted windows normally, and it started without problems.

I have AVAST! 4.8. I connect to the internet via cable. I log in as the administrator, and i am the only user on the computer.

I completely removed comodo and reinstalled it, without any positive results.

This is the stop message i get on the BSOD:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000016, 0x0000001B, 0x00000000, 0x81c8f325)

I have attached my latest minidump file. I also attached the ntbtlog.txt in case it is of any help.

I would appreciate all the help i get, as i love comodo and i had no problems with it before i reinstalled windows, I really have no idea what is happening.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Post your minidump to the BSOD thread in bug reports.

I’m getting the same with an Alienware M9700 laptop.

Installation does not work properly, it gets part way through installing the Firewall Kernel and then a BSOD IRQL_NOT_EQUAL-OR_LESS. During the Kernel install I get 2 x RED boxes but these flash up and disappear before they can be read.

I knew that there were conflicts with Kaspersky 6.0 AV so I uninstalled it and installed AVG free but am still unable to install Comodo. I have to go in to SAFE mode, install, re-boot, SAFE mode, uninstall.

Laptop running Vista Ultimate SP1.

FYI - Laptop is dual boot with XP and Comodo Firewall runs fine on XP.

Minidump uploaded to Bugs page