Defense+ always shows 6 unknown files allthough the list is empty...

Hi all, i have a strange issue with Defense+ of CIS:

i use CIS on two machines (one Desktop and one Notebook, both Win 7 Prof 64 Bit SP1). and on my Desktop machine CIS always sais that i have 6 unknown files which i should “rate”.

but everytime i open the List of unknown files, that list is empty.
when i than add a new unknown file for example by downloading an executable from the internet, Defense+ sais that i have 7 unknown files, but the List only shows the new (downloaded) one.

So how do i get rid of those “invisible” 6 unknown files?

Also tried to reinstall on a clean system, but for some reasons those special 6 invisible files come back. all the time.
So i wonder whats wrong, because my Notebook, which is also based on Windows 7 Prof 64 Bit SP1 does NOT have this issue (so it cant be related to win 7).

Any ideas?

EDIT:
can provide screenshots if my explanation is insufficient (or my english to bad ^^).

I think you can go into safe mode and delete the appropriate .h file, then reboot - unrecognised.h maybe?

The files are in: C:\Program Files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\database\

Best wishes

Mouse

do you mean the “pending.h” files?

there are a few more like vendor and submit and i dont want to lose my “collection” of trusted signatures.
sadly the content of the pending.h file is not human readable so i cant verify that its the right file.

Yep - forgot my own FAQ which is here.

:slight_smile:

Mouse

thx man, that did the trick!