Default - Settings - FW

Hello Forum,
I have a limited knowledge of computers, I want to install the new FW tomorrow, can i leave everything at default setting to be secure.
Badcompany.

Hi Badcompany,

If you only have one PC, then the out of the box settings should work fine. If you have networked two or more PCs, you should set up a zone that includes all the PCs on your network.

To set up a zone, click the SECURITY button at the top of the CPF window. In the SECURITY window, click the TASKS button and then click DEFINE A TRUSTED ZONE under the WIZARDS heading.

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi Ewen,
Thanks for your quick reply, I only have one pc so i will leave at the default settings. Is the Fw still on for release tomorrow.
Badcompany.

As far as I know it is. I’ve just come back from three weeks holidays and have only just started settling into 2.3.4. I’ve got no idea what is going to be included in 2.3.5- can anyone clue me in?

Thanks in advance,
ewen :slight_smile:

Yes, that will be just fine, and you will be protected!

Welcome to Comodo-land ;D

Nothing new Ewen. Just bug fixes.

I’ve probably asked this before but months ago and can’t remember. I’ve got a Wireless router at home but only 1 laptop connected to it. Do I just add the single IP address 192.168.1.1 as trusted or the whole range?

Eric