De-install tool for CAV Beta 1.1 - broken download

I’m trying to remove CAV Beta 1.1 from my daughter’s old WinXP machine so I can upgrade the CAV to the latest BUT I’m getting an error in Add/Remove programs (see attached).

I tried to download the Uninstaller for CAV Beta 1.1 from https://support.comodo.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=19&pcid=0&nav=0 but the download link is broken (HTTP 500 Error).

Does anyone have a copy of the Uninstaller they can share?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Try booting into safe mode and then uninstalling it via Add/Remove Programs.

Nope didn’t work in Safe Mode. :frowning: No Error, just InstallShield launches and then immediately closes.

I also tried RevoUninstaller and it didn’t work since it launches the standard unistall routine from Add/Remove Programs.

Any idea why the Uninstall tool link from the Comodo Knowledge Base doesn’t work?

Hi,

The only thing I can think of is to set Revo to it’s most extensive mode and launch the uninstall, it will probably fail, but continue with the uninstall within revo. It should clean up most of the mess.

As CAV is already long ago, I don’t think you will find anyone/anywhere another installer/uninstaller file. I’m sorry.

eXp

That is why I’m trying to remove CAV: So it can be updated to a more recent version. I hope Comodo support staff see this thread and respond to why the KB has a broken download link. I hate to call CAV exhibiting virus behaviour, but if it can’t be removed…

I’lll try the advanced settings for Revo, but in the past my experience ( :wink: ) with 3rd party uninstallers is that they don’t completely remove everything (like services, and changes to permissions)

Don’t forget that it’s a beta ;). I don’t think they will respond either, support for this version has been dropped.

I'lll try the advanced settings for Revo, but in the past my experience ( ;) ) with 3rd party uninstallers is that they don't completely remove everything (like services, and changes to permissions)
hehe ;), it probably won't delete every registry key. If you want, you can use Comodo System Cleaner, or even the brand new (released today) Comodo Cloud Scanner.

I wish you the best !
eXp

What has helped me in the past in similar situations is Regcleaner. Look up the Comodo keys, remove them and try running the installer of the old CAV beta and choose install/repair. After that try uninstalling again.

When the above doesn’t help remove the COmodo keys again and start the installer of the new program and see if wants to start. (You can now manually remove the old CAV beta files. Then let a couple of registry cleaners clean the registry: try Comodo System Cleaner, Glary Utilities and CCleaner).

Thanks to everyone that offered suggestions. I eventually got the product removed using a forced uninstall in RevoUninstaller. Comodo support (after opening a case) pointed me to the missing CAV Beta 1.1 Uninstaller. The software for other people with a similar issue is at link https://forums.comodo.com/cavs-beta-corner/new-uninstallation-tool-for-cav-beta-11-t6152.0.html

Thanks again! :-TU