Database is suddenly vanishing

All on a sudden the CIS is showing cross sign on logo at the task bar. Hovering mouse on it shows message that the virus signature database is not up-to-date. Before just a couple of hours it is was fully working with the latest database.

I have checked the scanner folder. The bases.cav file is of some 140 MB in size. The folder contains some files, named b0015667.cav, b0015961.cav, b0016085.cav and b0016201.cav. Such thing happened a week before. I then downloaded the update file again. But this time it has made me curious about the cause. IS there any known cause of such sudden thing? The CIS version is 6.1.276867.2813.

Despite the fact that database is 140 MB in size and residing in scanner folder the Log scree shows no date of last update [attached-file-1]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Yes, I had a few bases. But they were connected with another error.
I made a bug report.
Maybe you need to remove the old base. ???

Did you do a System Restore before this happened?

Delete all the b00, only keep 16201 & check for updates, if CIS tries to download full databases again then cancel it & cut 16201 & paste it on desktop & import & check again, CIS should now download only the new databases.

From the information you have given I am not clear whether this is a bug/issue.

For the moment I will transfer you to help so you can work through this issue with users and mods in this forum and hopefully resolve it. I hope that is OK.

Please ask any mod to move this report back to the bugs forum if it becomes clear that it is a bug/issue.

Best wishes

Mouse