DACS

To stupid questions, simple answers.
Because they would have the same detection with old malware (1 day, 1 week, 1 month), and this is not happening.
Also if you would know something about business… knowledge is the most valuable asset of a company, you don’t share it.

Dont like your tone.
As you say, knowledge is the most value, we agree why they dont give away their code. But that doesnt mean, rubbish is the only whats left to share.
Antivirus companies do not sell a whole finished product. It gets actualized. So each company has a vital interest to have the update for a new threat.

If they wouldnt share, you would have to wait for each virus to infect some customer of your antivirus vendor. So, each vendor would be in danger to have unlucky customers. And whats the benefit of not sharing?

Or is this question too stupid for you?

This affirmation is totally wrong xD lol you really don’t know how an AV company works, there are other sources of malware apart of the clients or the competitors, there are companies that sell malware to others, there are people working for the av companies getting hundreds of thousands of malware files every week, and then there are services like VT, but btw them they don’t share new malware.
Please don’t make me lose my time if you don’t know what are you talking about.

If you want to call it stupid, yes, the benefit is became better than your competitors specially if you can spend more resources than the rest, let say norton, kaspersky…
If you are better than your competitors getting new malware, why you would want to share your malware (that getting it is costing you money and resources) with them?

Sure, there are some who have no interest in sharing. Having so many customers that a few poor souls wouldnt get too much weight if they get infected.
They have their customers. And with each years fee, these have to think better of the product, because after a while it becomes expencive.

I dont say something is stupid. But i say, its not cleared to the fact.
You can guess for your point, i can guess for my point. You dont need to waste time, as there is no need to convince me.

If i had to choose, a multiresource industry product on its own, or a security product which is in a reasonable share with other vendors, i would choose one of the last ones. But as long as people are saying, no one shares, is it a wonder when the people go to the big runners, which are pre-installed and expencive aka “very protecting”?

For example, as i read about f-secure that it is normal for them to share on the threat level (theres an interview with Mister Hipponen?), they looked sympatic to me. Its a positive attribute. While (…) can have whatever it want, it doesnt look sympatic.
There is nothing wrong with what i am saying. And you are right for some other cases.
And another example: There is a free program, on top of the tests, they cant pay an industry, but they are on top. Are they just lucky to have all in their own product?

You cant say, i am wrong, and i dont say, you are wrong.

Gentlemen, please calm down.

Don’t worry I don’t like to spend my time and there is nothing else to discuss.

Yes, because we run in the same circle, but in another direction :smiley:

melih can you please give confirmation on the status of DACS.

note: i’m only interested in melih’s response. i don’t care to get into what people think the status of dacs is. i care to know what the status of dacs is from melih

+1 :-TU

We have been very busy with Valkyrie and Cloud AV which we believe will bring more to end users than DACS. DACS is still on the table though. So at the moment its just priorities.

Melih, we receive no reply from Fanny lately…
Can you tell us what’s the status of Valkyrie?
Advanced Heuristics verdicts are down…she said that it’s up to you when new hardware and detectors will become operational…
Do you have any ETA on this?

Thanx…

I hope DACS will come back soon since I have more confidence in DACS than Valkyrie…

they are working on some bigger server and a lot of back end development. thank you for your patience guys. you will like the end result :slight_smile:

thanks for the replies melih. is there any eta

looking forward to seeing the new valkyrie

i dont’ have an eta i am afraid.

Are we talking about weeks or months here?

Yes.

Q: X or Y ?
A: Yes

:smiley:

Looking forward to it Melih! :a0

what is eta?