D+ stops Openoffice.org from starting up

After installing Openoffice.org it wont start. After killing D+ in CIS4 completely Ooo starts normally.

please advice :-\

Computer
Vista 32bit

Hi,

Did you not get any alerts as you runed the first time Openoffice? Can you check if it not is anny application from Openoffice in the “My pending files”? If this application was automatically sandboxed by Comodo you will find this application there and thats mean that this application run with restricted rights.
If you will find there you can move it to the “My own safe files” and then run this application again.

If this does not work, go to the “Computer Security Policy” (Defense + > Advanced), find and mark this application from Openoffice, then “Remove” (this will delete all the rules created for this application) and the rerun Openoffice and pay attention to the alerts. Does it work?

Ovidiu

Dear Ovidiu G.,

1 - Did you not get any alerts as you runed the first time Openoffice?
No, nothing at all.

2 - My pending files
Checked nothing there, all in my safe files.

3 - go to the “Computer Security Policy” (Defense + > Advanced), find and mark this application from Openoffice, then “Remove” (this will delete all the rules created for this application) and the rerun Openoffice and pay attention to the alerts. Does it work?

Done, no effect at all.

If O.O. is fully installed and uses the registry for permanently remembering your settings between shutdown and startup, then this will NOT apply.

If however you use a “Portable” version that does not keep settings in the registry,
then an aggravation I have encountered is that it uses a special “launcher” that ALWAYS users a different random file name, so even if Comodo remembers that the user has given permission, it will remember permission for a “launcher” that will have a different name the next time.

This cause me a small degree of aggravation with CIS 3.?
Perhaps CIS 4.? with sandbox? and fewer alerts could face extra barriers preventing CIS from remembering ALLOW.

Alan

Dear Alan,

I have red your text 3 times but cant understand what you talk about or what I should change. I have the normal version of Ooo not the portable.

I commenced with :-
“If O.O. is fully installed … then this will NOT apply”
and additionally qualified with
“If however you use a “Portable” version”

i.e. all subsequent comments are totally irrelevant to your situation because you are not using the Portable version.

i.e. you therefore have no action to take - please dis-regard me - my comments do not apply to you.

Alan

Can you check if you do not find anny application from Openoffice in the “My blocked files”?

Nothing there, empty

Eljo,

I have the latest OpenOffice v3.2.1 running without any problems Comodo version I only have just the Firewall v4.1.******.920, keep in mind I’m using XP Pro I have no idea what OS you have.

Do me a favour and check this for me in manual setup through Comodo if nothing there try add them.

1. Goto Network Security Policy in application rule check if you have C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin treat as Web Browser.

2. Goto Defense+ Common Task section and make sure there is nothing belong to OpenOffice in My Block Files, My Pending Files and My Safe Files.

3. Back to Common Task section goto My Trusted Software Vendors and look for OpenOffice.org check if this is still there.

4. Go back to Defense+ Advanced section into Computer Security Policy check if you have C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.exe Treat as Installer or Updater.

5. Add into Computer Security Policy check if you have C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\program\soffice.bin Treat as Installer or Updater.

6. Go back to the main screen on Comodo set your Network Defense to Safe Mode.

7. And set your Proactive Defense to Safe Mode.

8. Reboot your PC and try and run OpenOffice hopefully your problem may have been resolved please let me know how you got on with this :wink: