D+ now blocking and crashing printer status program

I’m running XP/SP3 with the current CIS (v4.1.150349.920). I have an HP 3100 LaserJet multifunction printer. The MFP has a status program which controls the fax/scan/copy functions. The program is loaded at user logon.

In recent months, the status program crashes. Windows takes a crash dump and then displays the usual error message. “The application has encountered a problem and needs to close. Please tell Microsoft about this problem. etc… etc”

I have tweaked all the rules and policy settings that I can for Firewall, Defence+ and Sandbox but without success. I have also deleted all the rules that I can for the program enabled Training Mode again without success. It is only when I permanently deactivate D+ that the status program will load and run.

The problem didn’t occur when using CIS v3 or the earlier releases of v4. It started about 2 months ago.

Any ideas?

Does it get sandboxed?

Can you make sure the file is not also in My Pending Files? If so, please remove it from there.

Also read Mouse1’s FAQ (see my signature) and How to remove individual applications/files from the sandbox? and see if that brings any help.

Hi Eric

Thanks for your reply.

D+ generates a sandbox alert but I chose the option to always run outside the sandbox

Yes, they were in My Pending Files. However, the problem still occurs and continues to occur after their removal. Additionally moving the D+ slider to Training Mode makes no difference either.

Any ideas?

PS. I have just discovered the CIS v5 is now available,. I will try that and see if things are any better.

Guess what. CIS v5 solves the problem! :slight_smile:
Everything now works the way it used to. Whatever you did, Comodo, between v4 and v5 cleared the problem.

Many thanks. :slight_smile: