D+ HIPS rules keep resetting [I47]

• Summary - Give a clear summary in the topic subject,
    Since updating to 6 version ( Comodo Firewall ) some month ago, randomly from time to time my Defense+ HIPS rule sets keep getting resetted. Basicly its like i never made any ruleset for D+ ( Other Comodo settings are fine, so Firewall, and all other settings are fine, only ones keep getting wiped clean are Hips rules for apps)

• Can U reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?: No, its quite random

• Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version: None

• Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how U tried to fix it etc:
    I tryed fixing problem by doing clean install of freshly downloaded Comodo FW 6 , set it up from scratch.

• Exact CIS version & configuration: 6.3.302093.2976

• Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV: D+/HIPS = Safe mode, Firewall = Custom Ruleset. Sandbox = Disabled. ( No Comodo AV installed )

• Have U made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.): I did enable enhanced protection module for D+ and some changes for firewall and stuff like pass protect.

• Have U updated (without uninstall) from a CIS 5?:Yes, but i did clean install later hoping it will fix problem.
    [li]if so, have U tried a a clean reinstall - if not please do?: Did clean install.
    [/li]- Have U imported a config from a previous version of CIS:At first yes, but since problems were still there i unistalled, deleted config and did clean install.
    [li]if so, have U tried a standard config - if not please do: should i disable enhanced prot module?
    [/li]- OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
    Windows 7 64 SP 1 , UAC Disabled, type of account is Admin. Virtual machine not being used if that was the question im not sure.

• Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS: a= b=

A= Avast free antivirus, latest version 9 i believe it is, Malwarebytes but only on demand, HiJackThis
B= i did test few antiviruses on this OS like Avira and Kaspersky AV

If i could also add that problems im having started when i first updated to version 6, also i did have problem of D+ Popup warnings for apps being very slow, like lets say if i would start Photoshop it would stand like that for ~20sec before showing me popup, and when popups show its at first freezed and unresponsive, also saying random stuff like "notepad is trying to modify system or something like that, and only after ~5-10 sec it shows real popup with real informations of Photoshop trying to modify something etc. That problem is Mostly gone since i did clean install, yes i say mostly coz its still being kinda slow and unresponsive for first few seconds after popups show. Thats not how it use to be before version 6 for me at least.

I would also like to mention that CIS sometimes while windows is in process of shuting down ask something with popup warning, like ATI catalyst is trying to modify or stuff like that, but i always stop windows from shuting down and allow request then shutdown windows. Im mentioning this as i know how programs if turned off while in process of making changes to config files can make them lose those configurations.

If more info is needed please ask il gladly do what i can.
Thanks

[attachment deleted by admin]

As you are experiencing other problems it’s possible that there is something wrong with your installation. To rule that out, and potentially solve this problem for you, please reinstall Comodo Firewall by following the advice I give in this topic. Be sure to also run the removal tools for anti-malware programs which used to be installed, but are now removed.

Let me know if that is able to solve this issue. If not then please respond and we’ll continue from there.

Thank you.

Was reinstalling able to solve this issue?

Hello, thanks for help, well i cant say yet, its very random issue it may happen in week or month. I gues il have to wait and see.

Okay. In that case I will temporarily move this to the non-format verified bug reports. If the issue does return please let me know and I can continue with processing it.

Thank you.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (7.0.313494.4115)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.

PM sent.

Can you please check and see if this is fixed with the newest version (8.0.0.4337)? Please respond to this topic letting us know whether it is fixed or if you are still experiencing the problem.

Also, note that all bug reports in the Non-Format section of the forum, which is where this report currently is, are mainly not looked at by the devs. Thus, if the bug you were experiencing is still not fixed please edit your first post so that it is in the correct format (found here, with all required attachments), so I can forward this to the devs and get this problem fixed.

Thank you.