D+ halts Windows and everything else

Some times when I start a program (first time when D+ is activated) and it asks what to do, I click allow and then D+ should show another pop up but at this point it halts the system. I can move mouse but can’t do anything else - it’s like trying to click a picture. My computer does not respond to any key command and I can not click anything, everything is “frozen”. I am running latest CIS on Vista x64. Does anyone know what’s the problem? I am have disabled CIS’s AV part as I use Avast for now.

The easy answer is for you to put D+ in “Training Mode” and then run the program so that D+ has a chance to learn the process.

Also, have you tried doing a fresh installation of CIS but unticking the Antivirus Element?

Eric

I unticked the option to enable antivirus at installation because I use Avast at the moment. The thing is that it should show that pop up but it doesn’t because everything freezes before that (and I mean everything), I can’t even use physical power button to force software PC shut down (so my system really is stuck, I have to use reset button). It freezes the whole system and fails to show notification to deny or disable.

The easy answer is for you to put D+ in "Training Mode" and then run the program so that D+ has a chance to learn the process.

This is a huge freaking bug >:( . Training Mode is not the solution !!!

The first replay about this bug was 16.02.2009 https://forums.comodo.com/defense_bugs/defense_keeps_silent_hunter_3_from_running-t34656.0.html , and today we have 23.03.2009 and the only solution you have is switch to Training Mode.

I had never this problem before the update to v3.8 , and now almost eny fullscreen application or game that is not fully coverd by Defense + will lock up the PC with a blackscreen.

This is probably the same problem. So far I haven’t had this problem with any program that uses full screen mode (because I added some trusted software vendors) but when this kind of freezing thing occurs black screen, or anything that happens to be on the screen when D+ decides to freeze the whole system, would appear for sure.

As said this appears to be a bug that is mostly visible on Vista x64 bit versions…
As far as i know there is no other solution then to “Permanently disable defense+” until version 3.9.x

Hopefully they release the new version soon and hopefully they fix it. D+ is really great thing when it is working. :smiley:

:-TU yep it is… target schedule is April but you know targets and schedules :wink:

This is realy great Defense + is broken and you (Comodo team) act like it’s nothing. I excepted that you will fix this critical bug very fast, not like this target schedule is April but you know targets and schedules.

Hello What,

I understand you completely but I’m not Comodo team, I’m just a Volunteer trying to help.