Cyrilic 1251 issue in unrecoginsed files list [M1414]

A. The ISSUE with Cyrilic cp-1251 in unrecoginsed files list
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Comodo cant’t handle files with cyrillic in the path name correctly.
If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
1:CIS automatically adds new entry in unrecoginsed files list that has cyrillic letters in the path.
2:I open the list with the Comodo main window
3:I check the box against that entry
4:RMC and choose remove
5:The entry disappears I press ok and wait about a good half minute until process has finished and the window’s closed
6:I open the list again
7:Supposedly removed entry is still in the list presented
One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
Entries in unrecognized files list having cyrillic letters in a file path can’t be processed (deleted, moved etc.)
One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Nothing happens and that’s the issue
If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
No sandbox involved. Comodo is half compatible with Windows 1251 code table apparently.
Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
None
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
I have no idea why. I would like to remove the bugged entries manually right from the file containig unrecognized files list but I don’t even know if it’s possible

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
Firewall Security
Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
The problem exists regardless of which module is activated or disabled
Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
no
Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
no
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
clean reinstall
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
yes
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
the problem is irrelevant to configuration
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows 7 SP1 Ultimate 32, UAC disabled, Administrator, V.Machine is not used.
Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
a=none b=Dr.Web antivirus 8.0, Agnitum Outpost Firewall Pro 2010 both uninstalled with jv16 PowerTools years ago.

[attachment deleted by admin]

can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing just for clarity?

That is exactly what happens,
you can watch it either here http://my.mail.ru/mail/iluvos/video/_myvideo/7.html
or here Redirecting...
or download it there: http://rghost.ru/download/60418330/a4161184fb1e30e75f0b7e900dc21bb097a05bc1/screencapture%202015-01-18%2013-31-24-046.avi

Hello!
I have the same problem with in unrecognized files list. I think the problem is the presence of the Cyrillic alphabet in the file path. Another problem I noticed in the anti-virus monitor: the infected files with Cyrillic in the file path (eg D: \ Soft \ Проигрыватели \kmp\ setup.exe) is not transferred to the quarantine.
OS Windows 7 Ultimate with SP1 x64, Russian.

Thank you very much for your report in standard format, with all information supplied. The care you have taken is much appreciated by Comodo, and will increase the likelihood that this bug can be fixed.

Developers may or may not communicate with you in the forum or by PM/IM, depending on time availability and need. Because you have supplied complete information they may be able to replicate and fix the bug without doing so.

Some files do not want to move to trusted.
Can you reproduce the problem & if so how reliably?:
Even with a 100% repetition.

If you can, exact steps to reproduce. If not, exactly what you did & what happened:
As is usually installed and use the program.

One or two sentences explaining what actually happened:
Click to transfer files to the trusted but nothing changes.

One or two sentences explaining what you expected to happen:
Expected that the move. Obviously the same.

If a software compatibility problem have you tried the advice to make programs work with CIS?:
I do not understand.

Any software except CIS/OS involved? If so - name, & exact version:
Again, do not get it.

Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc:
Any other information, eg your guess at the cause, how you tried to fix it etc

B. YOUR SETUP
Exact CIS version & configuration:
8.0.0.4344 Proactiv Security

Modules enabled & level. D+/HIPS, Autosandbox/BBlocker, Firewall, & AV:
GeekBuddy On / Firewall in Safe Mode / HIPS in Safe Mode / Auto-Sandbox On

Have you made any other changes to the default config? (egs here.):
Gave the attributes of applications “Permitted application” and put a tick in the Advanced options in front: Enable filtering IPv6-traffic, including filtering loopback-traffic Block fragmented IP traffic, analyze protocols, including protection against ARP spoofing.

Have you updated (without uninstall) from CIS 5, 6 or 7?:
Yes
if so, have you tried a a a clean reinstall - if not please do?:
Yes
Have you imported a config from a previous version of CIS:
No
if so, have you tried a standard config - if not please do:
Tried.
OS version, SP, 32/64 bit, UAC setting, account type, V.Machine used:
Windows Enterprise x64, but the problem was on Windows 10. UAC at minimum participation in the system. Microsoft mail account. Without the use of a virtual machine.

Other security/s’box software a) currently installed b) installed since OS, including initial trial security software included with system:
Are default Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. At first off real-time protection, the second is completely off.

C. ATTACH REQUIRED FILES (delete this section (section C) after attaching required files)

Can you please give exact steps on how to reproduce this bug? This greatly helps QA in finding and fixing the bug

Thanks

PM Sent

Just install the software. Nothing special. But I’ll write you a list of programs with which this problem: uTox, Mail.Ru Agent, FreeNet.

Скрин приложил.

There is a known bug with Cyrillic.
In Russian: это известный баг с кириллицей в пути ( линк смотри выше).

Since this is an already known bug im going to merge it with this already existing bug report.

Hello,

The devs have not marked this as Fixed in the tracker. However, sometimes bugs are fixed by the release of new versions, but not marked as Fixed in the tracker.

If you are able please check with the newest version (CIS version 8.1.0.4426) and let me know if this is fixed on your computer with that version.

Thank you.

The OP has let me know that this is not fixed in 8.1.0.4426

Да понятно что он известный, вот не известно когда он починится! Антивирус хороший, а вот с кириллицей прям беда… :frowning:
In English (by translate.google): Yes, it is clear that he is known, that it is not known when he’ll fix! Anti good, but the problem with the Cyrillic alphabet straight :frowning:

Should be fixed with CIS 10.0.0.5144. Please check and if you disagree reply here or PM a bug board moderator.