Cyber Terrorism

The support that makes sure those products work and secure is free! Who do you think gives you support by constantly updating our AV signatures? Wo do you think gives you support by making sure products are updated regularly? Who do you think gives you support when you download our applications from our servers paid by us? Who do you think gives you support when you update the product to a newer version?

I am simply amazed at your lack of understanding of what Comodo is doing for you!

Enjoy the free edition… (which you think just appeared with no support from anyone :slight_smile: )

(what you meant to say is: You want one of the services we charge for free…its nothing to do with the support you get with all the free products and support infrastructure that surrounds this free products).

Melih

How can we stop cyber terrorism if we can’t touch the criminals :smiley:
Mods even deleted my topic about beating up a hacker :smiley:

You didn’t go about it the right way. :slight_smile: (And I and another who responded got warnings too, so you’re not alone ^_^)

Even if you had beat him up, he could start back hacking again. So that sort of way of dealing with a hacker isn’t best.

by taking away the tools they can use to hit us back with!

Melih

Nice article Melih. I totally understand the use of problem, reaction, solution, as you noted in the article the use of terrorism to brainwash the masses minds. I would like to elaborate on this.

False flag terror has been used throughout history in order to create New Order. Examples include Gulf of Tonkin, Operation Gladio, and the one that is similar to your mentioning of the use of simple planes to induce terror upon the populous, Operation Northwoods, in which Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff called for hijacking jet airliners, attacking US military bases, blowing up US ships and wounding civilians in Miami, Florida and Washington, DC using paramilitary sniper teams to commit terrorist acts against Americans and blame Cuba to create a pretext for invasion.

As we understand these events will undoubtedly continue to happen, I applaud your belief that we should not be spied upon in order to feel safe, and I applaud companies like Comodo with these beliefs and providing such competent services for free ( However I’ll never understand how companies like yourself provide these services for free and still feed employees).

Unfortunately, I believe it is the NWO ultimate goal to use these events in order to have the masses submit to tyranny, hence the NSA having total telecom control over internet, faxes, communications, dedicated interceptor rooms inside of phone and internet service provider buildings, DARPA announcing Total Information Awareness, cameras on every street corner and intersection in every one horse town, FEMA recruiting thousands of preachers to organize secret clergy response teams and use verses of the Bible to instill the idea of submitting to government to their flock, Internet 2, Google, Wiretapping, etc…

Anyway, thanks being here, and here is a video featuring yourself talking on the cyberterror issue on Faux News > http://www.megavideo.com/?v=XUNKED1I

Melih, thank you for the article.

I wanted to ask you about Linux systems and their security. Millions of desktop computers run Linux according to info published somewhere in the internet (didn’t save that pages) that something like 6 millions computers run Ubuntu. So if this is true and we also add computers running OpenSuSE, Fedora and other major desktop distributions, then i suppose i can say “millions”.
Although it is a small part compared to rest of the world running Windows and Mac on their desktops, Linux machines are potential victims of cyber criminals.
It is often told smth like “Linux has only 40 (fourty) viruses”, “Linux is secure enough to resist malware” etc.

What do you think about desktop Linux world security?
Your point(s) of view on this important subject is greatly appreciated.
I’m sure many (potential) Linux users would agree with me.

thanks

The question is what is a virus today? What is malware today? You will see that one can still write a malware and infect a linux machine as they have their own vulnerabilities and social engineering is yet another way of infection (remember Antivirus 2009). The threat model is slowly moving away from OS being secure to applications and users.

Melih

Melih, what specifically government owned organisations could do to enhance their protection? Can you comment on this?

Thanks.

literally every one.

the paradigm shift of prevention based security must be adopted by all government organisations as a basic first line of defense.

Melih

Hopefully nothing as bad as Die hard 3 (watching it now) >:-D and that was a halfway to worse case! Wargames mixed with Diehard 3 and a cuple other things would be worse case!

But there have been casses in the last year that attacked the Pentagon were and 1 TERABYTE of data was downloaded before being detected.

And some time ago Hackers Attacked a US Fighter-Jet Project
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124027491029837401.html

“Computer spies have broken into the Pentagon’s $300 billion Joint Strike Fighter project – the Defense Department’s costliest weapons program ever – according to current and former government officials familiar with the attacks.”

A freind of mine said this: “What c***. We spend 300Bilion on that project and can’t put a good firewall on it??”
Is the goverment just unsecure or does it not care, or it the fact the there are always bugs in every system?

All this talk of ‘Cyber terrorism’ reminds me of how ‘terrorism’ has been used to frighten people into accepting the sinister changes that denies us liberty. Internet 2 being one, ‘Trusted computing’ being another, also known as ‘trecherous computing’.

How many people here are considered that a lot of this is getting them ready to give up more of their liberty to be controlled by corporates and govenments. To be watched and controlled on the internet like they are watched on the street all in the name of ‘terrorism’?

How many people realise that along with the new ‘trusted’ comes the ability of corporates and govenments to deny us free speech. Bloggers will no longer be able to express themselves when they are signed up to an account like myspace (a test bed for internet2) where the owners will simply censor you for breaching their conditions. Bloggers can’t have their own website because it will now cost as much as advertising on tv because that’s the cost of corporate ownership.

So for a free internet we are all happy to turn it all over to corporate ownership and accept the poliitical and commercial control of our freedom all in the name of cyber terrorism?

Whilst it has to be recognised that malware and their perpetrators are without doubt an issue that must be addresses, the solution proposed is not healthy and history shows us that the Rechtag Fire is a great way to give us the so called solution to all our poblems which will turn out to be more against US than the terrorists it proposes to stop.

Beware what you wish for - “If you give up your liberty in exchange for security you WILL lose both”

I would like Melih and Comodo to recognise the cost of such proposals and a clear statement that they whilst they support security and trust on the internet they are also commited to preserving the freedom the internet allows. Otherwise, I can only assume they are co-consipirators to the hidden agenda to limit the net and it’s freedom by proposing that the only solution to security is to control US not the terrorists. Remember "Trusted computing’ is about not trusting YOU. Don’t be fooled into thinking that is a solution and the coporates that claim it’s the ONLY solution.