cvtres.exe (netframework) 99%

I also had a nightmare installing the .NET frameworks. I suspected Defense+ and BOClean but noch CMF. This is a serious bug and should be fixed ASAP! Or cvtres.exe should be predefined in the exclusion list as a workaround.
A normal user would think that the whole system went bonkers.

My CPU climbs at 80c degrees!
CVTRES.exe & other NET Framework components, was eating 100% of tue cpu resourses in a redundant cicling process.

Disable all comodo software and include cvtres into CMF exclusion list with same Cpu hog.

Uninstall CMF and the problem has gone!!!

Win XP Pro SP3 NET I II III
CMF, BC, CIS Rc2

:confused:

Well, having similar problems, searching for clues and this thread came up in Yahoo!

I like SharpReader for RSS feeds, but it needs dotNET. I’ve removed and installed dotNET 2 but the problem persists:

cvtres.exe is using 0% CPU and 40k memory BUT csc.exe is using ~50% and SharpReader won’t start (the .exe is in memory but not showing). Sometimes a reboot will allow SR to start.

I don’t like to keep csc.exe going like this for v. long as the CPU will get warm! (it’s currently at 61C and is usually at ~35C).

One thing that was using a lot of CPU at times was .NET Runtime Optimization Service (it runs mscorsvw.exe). It is supposed to run for a short time but just kept going, so I stopped and disabled the Service.

I’d really like to know if there’s a fix for this as SharpReader is v. useful.

(Using CIS, latest version, no AV).