"Customize Installation" does not work ???

when installing beta version under the button “agree and install” is “customize installation” where you can set up the installtion by changing the install path, select/deselect installing componets (AV, firewall,Dragon browser and Geekbuddy). But there is no way to install with this settings, because ther is only button BACK, where you go back to the standard install process.
So there ist no way to change the install path and to deselect the Drogon browser and the Geekbuddy.

am I right? or am I doing someting wrong?

It may be a little confusing because the “back” button takes you back to the main installation window, but the customizations that you have made to the installer are indeed used for installation.

This is the way the installer has behaved for several versions now. (I don’t remember when this version of the installer was implemented, but it’s not new behavior)

nope! it is not true because when I change the install path is changes back to the standard one and CIS gets not installed in choosen install path

I tested this as well. I disabled Geekbuddy, but it was still installed, shortcuts and all.

Has the ability to customize the installer not yet been added in the Beta or is this a bug?

change the install path does not work also

actually all this didnt work in version 5.10 which I tried before installing version 6 today

Sorry, I’ve never attempted to install to a different file path, so I hadn’t tested that.

Sounds like a bug. I always de-select GeekBuddy and Dragon, as well as the option to automatically allow certain requests.

I haven’t had any problems with this on the VM’s I’ve tested with. (WinXP Pro 32 bit/Win 7 Ultimate 64bit/Win 8 CP 64 bit) All of my customizations were applied.

Perhaps it’s something that only shows up with certain configurations?

Unless someone else can confirm it I’ll assume that perhaps I just accidently clicked twice, and thus reselected what I had deselected. ;D

That said, if someone else has experienced this please let me know so I can file a bug report. Either way I will be paying attention when installing the next version of the Beta to see if it works correctly.

Thanks.

you can check if changing the install path works… just start the installer, go to customize the installation, change the install path and push the Back button below. After you are back on the mail install window, than go back to customize area and check if the install path is what you have changed.
For me it changes back to the standard install path.

…and for you?

I have never tried a different install path (Sorry).
I have always unticked Dragon as it is always already installed.
I have always unticked GeekBuddy and it has not installed (Worked as intended).
No problems on 3 systems.

you can check if changing the install path works... just start the installer, go to customize the installation, change the install path and push the Back button below. After you are back on the mail install window, than go back to customize area and check if the install path is what you have changed. For me it changes back to the standard install path.

…and for you?

this test doesnt require a real installation, so you can explicit test for this behaviour.

I have initiated a new re-install and the behaviour is as I would expect.

If you choose a new installation location/folder it sets the new location and folder but it adds the original folders COMODO\COMODO Internet Security within your new folder/location.

Edit: If I change it to c:\test it will add to the test location (Screenshot).

[attachment deleted by admin]

aha,
so C:\Programme\Comodo Internet Security is not possible as install location? because it change allway back to C:\Programme\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security

Correct. :slight_smile:
If you chose,
C:\Newlocation it will change to,
C:\Newlocation\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security

I got this, ok. But why when I choose C:\Programme\Comodo Internet Security it changes back to C:\Programme\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security?
From what you write ist is logical to change back to C:\Programme\Comodo Internet Security\Comodo\Comodo Internet Security because \Comodo\Comodo Internet Security ist the New location

I am not quite sure I am following here.
The \COMODO\COMODO Internet Security folders are the default folders used by Comodo internet security.
These folders can be sent to any desired location.

In my first example I sent the installation to a new folder named test, the following is the location it landed.
My previous screenshot was taken after I went back then forward again.
C:\test\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security
The two default folders get created in the new test folder.